IB Is So Unreliable

Discussion in 'Interactive Brokers' started by pspr, Dec 3, 2003.

1. Catoosa

Catoosa

Most of my IB quotes are stuck or crossed and stuck. Is that what most of you are seeing. As the day goes by, it only gets worse. I can place TWS orders without any problems as long as I use my RealTick quotes for my information.

#31     Dec 3, 2003
  2. Looks like it is time once again for IB to upgrade their computers
    from grade D to grade C just to keep the show afloat... :D

#32     Dec 3, 2003
  3. I warned you all not so long ago :D

http://www.elitetrader.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&postid=374765&highlight=phone#post374765

11-21-03 08:33 AM

You inexperienced guys : that's exactly how your trading account can be washed out one day when the market will be really in panic mode - this didn't happen yet. Must have several brokers and at least one that you are absolutly sure that you can get a guy by phone in seconds you need it.

#33     Dec 3, 2003
  4. I rebooted my computer and logged on again. The same. No change, the ask and bid quotes still stuck at the same values as before, but in my other account that I was not using today everything is fine.

Well, beats me. Something is wrong, but what and where exactly is the problem? I deleted the tickers with stuck quotes and then inserted them. This did not help.

I missed a very good trade today that I would have taken if everything was working OK. It was a swing trade in NQ. This is the second time in a row that I am missing a big swing in NQ because of some weird TWS problems. This is getting unacceptable.

#34     Dec 3, 2003
  5. I travel through other parts of the world and also experienced this problem. I checked with my ISP and they informed me that there were problems worldwide with DNS servers. So it may not be IB related after all.

#35     Dec 3, 2003
  6. There is only one real solution to very stable market data. You have to get a direct connection such as a T-1. That way, you only make 1 or 2 hops to the data server. If you are using a dsl or cable connection, all sorts of funky things can go wrong.

just my 2 cents.

#36     Dec 3, 2003
  7. pspr

pspr

At least the rest of us don't get our trading ideas from the UFO conspiracy websites! And, try using native stops if you really are an actual trader, harry. They work whether IB is up or not.

P.S. Your grammar is bad enough but there is no excuse for all the spelling errors. Try using the spell checker when you post. I have to correct your spelling everytime I post using one of your quotes.

#37     Dec 3, 2003