IB is Refco 2.0!

Discussion in 'Stocks' started by bsparkyman, Jul 6, 2007.

1. No, Nassau, not at all. You are wrong to say that I want people to accept my word as the bible. I want people to think for themselves.

#81     Jul 18, 2007
  2. The comments from TOM134, attacking me in this thread, should be disregarded. Other IB customers have publicly agreed with me, on this website, that TOM134 has pursued a long-term agenda of damaging IB's reputation by making false accusations. He stated, for example, that customers were leaving IB "in droves" because of technology problems; but when I challenged him to reveal the source of his information about customers leaving, he never responded. His unfounded accusation was later deleted by this website's moderators. He posted an extremely unfair negative review of IB, which was criticized by IB customers other than myself, and then his unfair review was deleted by this website's moderators. He has also attacked satisfied IB customers who attempt to defend IB against these false accusations. He has accused those happy IB customers of being liars and "IB shills".

Many legitimate, constructive criticisms can be made about how IB can improve, and sometimes I make them myself. I am, despite these issues, very happy to be a customer of IB. Thank you, IB.

#82     Jul 18, 2007
  3. TOM134

TOM134

jimROCKHEAD;

There you go again: Lies, Lies, and more Lies.

You poor thing.

I can only state again:

Stop lying about what the traders are posting on this site.

I have looked up your past posts and you are constantly and deliberately misinterpreting the posts with which you disagree.

Some of your posts were so 'wacko' they apparently had to be deleted from this site.

Everyone here has got your 'number'.

You need to take a long break from posting in order to regain any credibility you have left.

You need some serious help. I pray to God that you get it soon.

#83     Jul 18, 2007
  4. Dude, you messin with the MAN

[​IMG]

If you're not careful , he'll beat you about the head with a stack of EFP's

#84     Jul 18, 2007
  5. ronblack

ronblack

So, what's wrong with:

"The scheme, which involved selling 31 million shares of Altana at the close on May 3, triggered a short squeeze among market makers holding certain options positions."

I mean market makers should learn to accept losses and not call for an investigation every time they lose money. Something else also; it sounds like it was the market makers who had inside information about the deal and have sold a lots of puts. They thought everyone would rush to buy the stock but it seems a major holder, probably a fund, dumped the stock after they received the dividend.

Ron

#85     Jul 18, 2007
  6. rayl

rayl

Ha ha. Though my beating w/EFPs was from my tax lawyer, but my interest was inspired by the MAN.... (different thread: but I do have all the answers on tax treatments. Too long/complex to post. Long & short is, between straddle and anti-conversion rules, the only upside is beneficial treatment of dividends and a possible postponement of income recognition if your EFP crosses the end-of-year boundary.)

#86     Jul 18, 2007
  7. man this thing is ugly.

#87     Jul 24, 2007
  8. Only folks that got bagged on this are the undisciplined greedy that have opinions.

I declared this an exit day 2

BX and MF (which is what they are saying no better)

#88     Jul 25, 2007