IB is Refco 2.0!

Discussion in 'Stocks' started by bsparkyman, Jul 6, 2007.

1. rayl

rayl

That's exactly my belief -- I think "prop up confidence" was certainly the motivation but bec of communications w/the street issues, the opposite happened. I would think a clearer statement expressing confidence, maybe a conf call, and the like would have helped.

It cannot mask any future earnings report as it's a related party transaction.

And remember this is in Germany it's the SEC-equivalent over there.

#41     Jul 10, 2007
  2. IB's biggest problem are the 1% of their customers that are imbeciles.

You know who you are.

#42     Jul 10, 2007
  3. mde2004

mde2004

I totally agree, IB is fine.

disclosure- long 1000 shares.

#43     Jul 10, 2007
  4. bpl1000

bpl1000

But it would distort cash flow from ops? How would they account for the +37M?

#44     Jul 10, 2007

5. Thanks for the disclosure. We can all breathe a collective sigh of relief.

#45     Jul 10, 2007
  6. nassau

nassau

You just don't get it and obviously don't have the ability to discern what you read.
    Again, I was answering ONE comment whereby it was stated no ceo officer etc from refco ever put in funds.
    I stated a factual statement, regardless of where the funds came from, Bennett did indeed put in funds...that's it!
    I also said "I am not saying IB is going to go bust" and infact said I am hoping the dust clears as soon as possible.
    where do you see me slandering IB.
    I did say and I still do that as there are lawyers and liars IB will still have issues, all corporations have issues at some time or another..like the back dating of options..frauds on us all the time.

The only other comparison I stated was the bid /ask price when the situation arose was the same and stated mostly how I felt the refco fiasco was bogus. Nothing inflammatory to IB
    and by the way the IB drop is bs. We will never know the agenda of the institutions. Ib's drop was not individuals exiting but institutions or funds creating a head fake to ? us? to exit so they can pick up the shares cheap and as you may have noticed I was correct as the current bid /ask is lower. Ib is just lucky they have a small float and manipulation becomes much harder otherwise the drop would of been much greater. Personally, if I was looking to buy shares I would be looking at the high teens / 20 area if and when it gets there. Todays volume imo shows some stability as volume is back to normal?
    nvda a few years back went from 27-29 area to 9 dollars in a few wks only to turn around and rally to 60 dollars?
    tasr, brcm, mrvl,etc etc all retrace.
    my point was refco was profitable and made money for years regardless of what / if Bennett was doing. They were the largest derivative broker in the world, offices in 14 countries several thousand employees to my understanding so how in hell do they go broke in a few wks....total bs as the profitable subs were sold off. in reality this bogus moves to take our the little mans shares is stock manipulation with no recourse and is just a daily fact as is what I stated and am saying.
    I am sorry that the truth offends and scares you so much.
    but it is what it is and it is you not me that has spewed ignorance and unfair accusations.

have a nice

w

#46     Jul 10, 2007
  7. Now let us review the facts:

Company has top notch technology
    unbeatable commissions
    ability to trade all products in a single account
    great platform
    excellent API
    Solid FIX engine
    best margins in the business
    outstanding execution
    huge market making division

What is the one thing that kills companies that doesn't show up on a balance sheet?

#47     Jul 10, 2007
  8. I didn't know 40 million shares was a small float.

#48     Jul 10, 2007
  9. Management.

In my opinion the companies biggest weakness is TP himself and the other IT people he has running a brokerage business.

Have you ever wondered why with such a fantastic product they have zero institutional prescence?

#49     Jul 10, 2007
  10. What exactly do you mean, zero institutional presence ?

#50     Jul 10, 2007