ib is not working yet this morning!

Discussion in 'Interactive Brokers' started by cameleon, Jun 7, 2002.

1. alanm

alanm

Huh? Are GLOBEX orders automatically AON? I thought you would get a partial (of 50) in this case (assuming you were the first order in time priority).

#21     Jun 8, 2002
  2. "Huh? Are GLOBEX orders automatically AON? I thought you would get a partial (of 50) in this case (assuming you were the first order in time priority)."

my point was that if there were 50 contracts ahead of him and only 50 to buy he gets missed with a stop limit.

#22     Jun 8, 2002
  3. I don't know if this is the right thread to post this on, but there seems to be several comments here about IB and different problems, so here goes:

Yesterday I got three partial fills on IB in A/H, trading a 100 sh lot.
    I was selling and got hit for 35, 15, 50, and it took from 6:30 ET to 7:45 to finish the trade. The only good thing is that I was only charged $1 for the sell. However, this to me is a little ridiculous; every broker I've ever used has an all or nothing preference, and most don't let you trade odd lots at all in A/H. Well, anyway, I called IB and I was told that they do not offer an AON preference. This sounds stupid to me.

Has anyone else had a similar problem?

Also, Def, if you read this, can you reply or give an explanation?

Thanks
    :confused:

#23     Jun 8, 2002
  4. it happens all the time.it is probably isld players with odd lots.with isld there is no lot limit you can trade 1 share if you want to.
    would you rather have got no fill or slow fill in odd lots.

#24     Jun 8, 2002
  5. it happens all the time is probably isld players with odd lots.with isld there is no lot limit you can trade 1 share if you want to.

Yup, that's what I was told at IB about trades going through on isld. I've never had that problem during R/H, but I was down to 100 shs and I didn't want to carry it over the week end. I will definitely remember that next time.

Thanks vhen.

#25     Jun 8, 2002
  6. Just use a direct routing to REDI or BRUT if you dont want to get an odd lot fill.

#26     Jun 8, 2002
  7. qazmax

qazmax

If you never receive an odd lot from your broker it is not a good thing. If you never get an odd-lot fill then you have not been getting true market exposure. Likely your broker was filling your order in house or sending it to a market maker.

This means that sure you get a nice round lot, but someone has to make money on your trade, before they give you the fill. This means you lose out on a few cents.

Any broker that has direct access to the market place will send back odd lots, if you don't get them once in a while you should leave.

:)

#27     Jun 10, 2002
  8. The guys talking about direct access, not some turkey trading through etrade.

#28     Jun 10, 2002