ib is not working yet this morning!

Discussion in 'Interactive Brokers' started by cameleon, Jun 7, 2002.

1. tradex21

tradex21

This outfit is bad news, period. I had a problem with them yesterday that cost me at least $800.00 and today I am short two nq's going into the close and they freeze up on Globex again. I call them and they don't even know they are down on Globex they are so busy working crossword puzzles and eating sandwiches. And you know what, they don't care. Yesterday the tech rap said why would anyone be so stupid to trade on an unproven system where they could get trapped at any time. They have cost me thousands of dollars over the last six months. It is so bad I think IB accounts almost need to file a class action lawsuit against these clowns. Their primary issue is they are trying to run a Mercedes platform on a Chevy engine and they have sorry irresponsible management that hides behind an email platform. I feel IB account holders need to form an oversight committee to present them with a list of serious recommendations and or threaten them with a class action lawsuit.:mad:

#11     Jun 7, 2002
  2. Of all the bithing and moaning happening all over the message boards and chat rooms. The previous poster finally suggested a viable and effective way IB might do something about their customer support. Any lawyers trolling these boards?

#12     Jun 7, 2002
  3. i love ib.it has a few problems but ive been with a dozen brokers and all have problems.
    when you use ib you are paying for the cheapest commish not great service.im sure there are companys out there with great service but your not going to get 1 cent per share.you have to choose.

#13     Jun 7, 2002
  4. IB is unquestionably good when it comes to commission. I use them!
    BUT, there are firms out there that are slowly approaching their commission rates for stocks and futures w/o sacrificing too much of service. Options are another story their scaled $1/side is untouchable on retail.

#14     Jun 7, 2002
  5. ron2368

ron2368

anyone having trouble with the newest TWS build? After I downloaded it I got a win2k message that it altered system files and I needed to put in the w2k install CD. During the day it just locks or shuts itself down.

I emailed and chatted with IB which was totally worthless. Really pitiful.

I am going to try and reinstall the java since I was also getting javaw.exe errors. any other ideas????? Thank you

#15     Jun 7, 2002
  6. when did you download the latest build.wondering if i should ignore it the next time it wants to upgrade.i did one couple days ago with win 2k but no problems with that one.

#16     Jun 7, 2002
  7. vonk

vonk

The price didn't jump over the limit price, it hung around for a few seconds before it collapsed - plently of time to get filled. After I called IB they issued a bulletin saying that they had a problems valueing the contracts and that certain stop order had problems being filled. Please cancel the stop orders and re-issue them, the bulletin went on to say...

#17     Jun 7, 2002
  8. cameleon

cameleon

ib is now on in canada!......reading all of the above, don't scarred me at all........you should see,what we've been thru here on the other side of the border with our ' dinausorus' brokers...
    trades that have been executed ....still open on the broker's page(try to cancel an open order that has been executed),broken lots taking half a day to be executed......orders pending for 10 to 20 minutes..........

ok those were not direct access...... direct access out here were a reap off..........2 brokers in all the country.............

may be, ib system is not perfect.......... but, we will give it a try and he is welcome!!!!!!!

#18     Jun 7, 2002
  9. "The price didn't jump over the limit price, it hung around for a few seconds before it collapsed - plently of time to get filled. After I called IB they issued a bulletin saying that they had a problems valuing the contracts and that certain stop order had problems being filled. Please cancel the stop orders and re-issue them, the bulletin went on to say..."

you still don't have a guarantee of a fill with a stop limit.here is why.if there are only 50 contracts to buy at your limit price and you happen to be 51+ you can be missed and if the price passes by your limit you don't get a fill.its part of the game.you risk slippage with stop market and you risk getting missed with stop limit.this is especially bad when shorting because the bids get pulled.

#19     Jun 7, 2002
  10. peter77

peter77

The fact that IB is now in Canada is superb. Margin rules here mean only 2/1 is available here vs 4/1 in the exicted states. Cameleon, if you are going to identify yourself as Canadian, please tidy up your grammar and spelling and try to be thoughtful and insightful.

#20     Jun 7, 2002