IB: is it really good???

Discussion in 'Forex Brokers' started by Eagle Eye, Jan 12, 2006.

1. Oh, yes, they are here on EliteTrader, but they are often pretending to be satisfied customers, instead of identifying themselves as brokers. They are like predators, stalking and recruiting fresh customer meat, and setting it up for the takedown and the kill.

#31     Jan 14, 2006
  2. same here - i have ABSolutely no problems, at all, with the IB representatives coming in here with their helpful, constructive, courteous, and honest replies that, in my opinion, are so much of a needed (and refreshing) reprieve from all the crappy sales talk, or stunning (and i do mean stunning) "reverse propaganda" that u will often get with the other brokers. In fact, i would love for them (the IB reps, that is) to come in to these threads!! I am presently examining the possibility of using IB as my broker, and would be glad to see any and all official IB positions/opinions on any questions posed to them...

if u have too much of "sales crap talk," then yes, there can be such a thing as a "too much representation." But if u have real, and honest, and constructive feedback and replies, then there is no such thing as having too much representation.

If anything, i would really love for all honest, and fair brokers to be able to come in, and compete in this way with IB. Of course, that is, if we have any other honest and fair brokers besides IB... I dont know yet - i'm still researching - but to me, IB looks like the best (and reasonably good) bet so far.

Now let's just sit back, watch, and wait to see if anybody (or who) will attack me for this statement, or "endorsement" of mine...

#32     Jan 14, 2006
  3. not too sure about what u mean to say with that smilie, but.. learn to be more "worldly wise", and u'll soon be able to identify them, and the games, and dirty tricks that they try to play.

#33     Jan 14, 2006
  4. Right on the spot Phoenix555, although it would also apply to KIWI trader as he/she seems to be very wise with his words and intellectual capability, ironically representing on of the IB's happy customers. That explains it, at least to some extent.

And, yes it was hit on the point, how may replies are of IB ofcourse unidentified ones. They literally flooded this forum with their of nice IB.

One check tier terms and will see for themselves what IB is, and don't forget they have major players liquidity providers according to their hearsay.

Oh yes they reduced the margin and costs thanks to customers who requested, interestingly, on this forum but not directly with IB. Or put it another way around they made some improvements but yes what would be the best and cheapest way to show it to public, may be forum and this "specific one" any where else IB has not even been considered and never mind some 200 replies of satisfied customers and IB or should I say just IB.

And to IB, the fact that the time is too early or too late does prove that no one from IB is waiting time here doesn't it really?

#34     Jan 14, 2006
  5. sccz97

sccz97

Also another point, if you have an acccount at ib, you can see in the account management section of the website who your counterparty was in the trade and of course depending on the size of trade you're pushing through you'll most likely indentify which major liquidity providers ib has on board

#35     Jan 14, 2006
  6. sccz97

sccz97

If you don't want to use ib that's your choice, but to make assumptions about a broker you've had no experience and justify it by claiming you're helping potential ib customers see ib for who they really are is tragic and quite transparent.

My personal experience trading retail forex has been superb across all types of brokers, purley becuase I know the differnet games each of them play. Instead of moaning, you shoudl use that knowledge to your advantage. I started off spread betting on forex with ig index, was very succesful and of cousre becuase ig do not hedge themselves my account eventually got suspended. Was I pissed off? A little but the point is I knew it woudl happen eventually so I just moved onto a proper retail fx broker. Again after about a year, that fx broker realised they were losing money from my strategy and increased my margin req to 100%. Did this a few times and I eventually ended up with ib, and while their supposed ecn model isn't 100% to my satisfaction (not to mention the strange socket api method) I am very happy with them and can see that my strategy will not be something that will cause ib to shut my account down.

I know I'm not really answering anything here but you keep going on and on about the liquidity providers and it's beginnning to get real boring. Due diligence is all part and parcel of findig a new broker and if that sometimes requires opening an account and putting a small amount of funds in then that's what you're gonna have to do. Don't expect to be handed everything on a silver platter.

#36     Jan 14, 2006
  7. I c now why IB is not including the names of the liquidity providers in the terms and their site, because they don't wish to be actively mentioned. But as far as hearsay here is concerned then it is fine. Ofcourse in the former case if they are not liquidity provider IB's customers will have a recourse in the courts of justice but in the latter case, hearsay I don't think there is any credibility to that amongst people and never mind in courts.

I think it is becoming a little clear what is what !

#37     Jan 14, 2006
  8. Ok we got the point you are successful trader. And your point of putting a little bit of money to find out whether the broker is good or not does not make any since because as you say due diligence is important. Thus, if you do due diligence then I don't see how you would not ask IB the same questions!!

However, good luck with trading in retail world, and come back when this thread not boring for you.

#38     Jan 14, 2006
  9. Obviously you new that your warmest writing about IB and your love to IB is so sincere that it would attract some comment.

Sure you would like IB to be here, it is better because that way you will sell better and get more people, but the customers however will get replies in 24 hours from the same IB.

Why don't you so kind and warm about the IB's perhaps honor us by telling what you thought about IB's terms if you have ever read them?

Lets here now what warm and kind interpratation we may here from you devoted IB customer?

#39     Jan 14, 2006
  10. This is specifically to those happy and be loving IB customers. I can see kiwi trader is too clever to understand this but the rest of you open your eyes and look:

ALL PARTIES TO THIS AGREEMENT ARE GIVING UP THE RIGHT TO SUE EACH OTHER IN COURT, INCLUDING THE RIGHT TO A TRIAL BY JURY, EXCEPT AS PROVIDED BY THE RULES OF THE ARBITRATION FORUM IN WHICH A CLAIM IS FILED.
    ARBITRATION AWARDS ARE GENERALLY FINAL AND BINDING; A PARTY’S ABILITY TO HAVE A COURT REVERSE OR MODIFY AN ARBITRATION AWARD IS VERY LIMITED.
    THE ABILITY OF THE PARTIES TO OBTAIN DOCUMENTS, WITNESS STATEMENTS AND OTHER DISCOVERY IS GENERALLY MORE LIMITED IN ARBITRATION THAN IN COURT PROCEEDINGS.
    THE ARBITRATORS DO NOT HAVE TO EXPLAIN THE REASON(S) FOR THEIR AWARD.
    THE PANEL OF ARBITRATORS WILL TYPICALLY INCLUDE A MINORITY OF ARBITRATORS WHO WERE OR ARE AFFILIATED WITH THE SECURITIES INDUSTRY.
    THE RULES OF SOME ARBITRATION FORUMS MAY IMPOSE TIME LIMITS FOR BRINGING A CLAIM IN ARBITRATION.
    IN SOME CASES, A CLAIM THAT IS INELIGIBLE FOR ARBITRATION MAY BE BROUGHT IN COURT.
    THE RULES OF THE ARBITRATION FORUM IN WHICH THE CLAIM IS FILED, AND ANY AMENDMENTS THERETO, SHALL BE INCORPORATED INTO THIS AGREEMENT.

And that is what you are going to sign or have already signed as the case may be !!! Even SAXO's terms are better than this and dont take your RIGHT to sue them. Now I see why all of you are so happy that IB is comming here to chat with you all, this is getting better!!!.

#40     Jan 14, 2006