IB is going to start charging a daily exposure fee

Discussion in 'Interactive Brokers' started by fbell50, Sep 27, 2015.

1. luisHK

luisHK

I think the exposure fee is only for people holding overnight.

#31     Sep 28, 2015
    SteveH likes this.
  2. Guile

Guile

Jesus Christ! Go to newedge. Why the hell are you at IB? Get on the Internet, call around or have your butler do it.

#32     Sep 28, 2015
  3. luisHK

luisHK

Newedge kindly told me they were not interested although I fit both the 5mil minimum and the 100k a year fee.
    It might be them not interested in opening new accounts to one man shops or the statements i showed them beeing too volatile (those included the EURCHF mess and I think another large loss)
    Met with Abn Amro as well, they didn't even need to see the statement, they claimed in Singapore they were not interested in 1 man shops.
    My ears are open for other names though, but again i'd like the broker to have a strong presence in Asia.

#33     Sep 28, 2015
    entropytrading likes this.
  4. sprstpd

sprstpd

There is a possibility that IB made a mistake in their algorithm. What did they say when you contacted them?

#34     Sep 28, 2015
  5. luisHK

luisHK

I must say that those two meetings have dampened my enthusiasm and haven't been looking since then (except an enquiry to Marex in HK which don't seem to offer single stocks). I might get back energy in a couple of months and roam for new brokers again, all serious leads are welcome.
    Also it seems IB counts quite a few larger accounts among its customers

#35     Sep 28, 2015
  6. fbell50

fbell50

They are reviewing my account and are supposed to get back to me later this morning.

#36     Sep 28, 2015
  7. InfoTech

InfoTech

They used to explain more about the fee, but that page has been taken down.

https://www.interactivebrokers.com/en/?f=/errorMessages/404.php?ib_entity=llc

fbell50's e-mail snapshot is the first time I've read about the $1 per $76k, geometric sliding scale calculation.

#37     Sep 28, 2015
  8. Gldr

Gldr

9. fbell50

fbell50

I talked to IB. They said my exposure is due to a short position in UVXY. The risk navigator doesn't show enough UVXY VAR (value at risk) to justify the exposure IB specified. If my longs are marked down 50% it would take a price increase of 3.63 in all my shorts to reach the exposure IB specified.

#39     Sep 28, 2015
  10. rmorse

rmorse Sponsor

That makes more sense.

#40     Sep 28, 2015