IB is getting serious...

Discussion in 'Interactive Brokers' started by ktm, Jul 16, 2003.

1. I could not find their commission rates for e-mini futures. :D

#21     Jul 17, 2003
  2. I think most people don't like IB because they expect some kind of brokerage house pampering. The help guys at IB are just regular guys, kind of techie/ops types, not politically correct, half-stiff-tell-you-what-you-want-to-hear-at-all-costs-types.

Plus, I don't think most people appreciate what IB is in their industry. They and the ECN's are the "internet of the financial industry". They make it possible for little guys like myself to actually communicate with the market without ridiculous commissions and spreads.

They're not perfect, but they're revolutionary! (And they're the only reason I'm not pumping money into some ridiculous institutional mutual fund...)

#22     Jul 17, 2003
  3. ktm

ktm

Well said Shoeshine. IB is the reason that little guys with trading skills don't stay small. As someone who traded for $30 a side with quotes from the newspaper just 15 years ago, I couldn't be happier that IB is providing such a cheap and comprehensive service.

#23     Jul 17, 2003
  4. It is 2.30 per contract.
    BTW, I am both a very satisfied customer of IB and TrackData
    (myTrack). Maybe I give trackTrade a try as well, but I will
    stick with IB for now.

#24     Jul 17, 2003
  5. You are right, it´s there. Huh, they really offer futures trading. You just have to bring your $30000 and pay your monthly fees. FCM seems to be: PENSON FINANCIAL FUTURES INC (NFA ID 0310968). Fine.

BTW, they seem to have some incorrect links on their web pages ( like: http://dayapply.mytrack.com ).

:confused:

#25     Jul 17, 2003
  6. fx,

i would not decry a competitor to IB. competition is good for
    our game. the long term effect would be even more efficient
    trading, maybe much more efficient, in case exchange fees
    go down, which can only achieved by: exchange competition.
    as said, i know track's platform, and for me it was nearly always
    rock solid stable, can be compared to RealTick in it's better times.

#26     Jul 17, 2003
  7. CalTrader

CalTrader Guest

I see your point ... but .... I dont know too many businesses that can appear to threaten their customers with sanctions for not doing their bidding and continue to grow their business: word gets around.

Its just bad business to publically humiliate your customers and appear to threaten existing customers. IF IB was the only alternative then MAYBE they could get away with this type of behavior without repercussions ..... However they are not the only show in town and there are plenty of viable alternatives.

Firing bad customers/clients is a difficult game but the best way to do it is without publicity and in the event of a leak, you need to reassure your exisiting customers that you value their business.

#27     Jul 17, 2003
  8. Let´s wait and see. IMHO their setup is not really made for someone who would like to trade e-mini futures only. Maybe they should offer futures-only accounts with lower minimum ($10000 or so).

#28     Jul 17, 2003
  9. Ive done that before but trust me, it was not about the 70 cents...i always had a policy that if a client is nasty or belligerent and threatened any kind of lawsuit....BYE BYE.....I'll bet anything that one of her letters threatened a suit or to go to the NASD ect....and probably accused them of a lot of BS.....

...I once had a man sue me for 3 MILLION dollars in an OHIO court...he was about 78 and said we took his money ......It was thrown out because he was given a stock dividend of about $300.00 by Bear Stearns in error and when they caught the error, obviously they reversed it.......ready for the worst part?....before it was thrown away, the OHIO court ordered it to NASD arbitration.......whenever any case hits arbitration, there is an automatic fee assessed to the NASD member firm and it's based on the dollar amount claimed.......my firm was hit witf a mandatory $3000.0 arbitration fee!!!!!!!

Only to have it dismissed about 10 days later....thisindustry SUCKS !!!!

#29     Jul 17, 2003
  10. Open an account at Redwood and I'll rebate the first cents commission for anyone

#30     Jul 17, 2003