IB is fast today

Discussion in 'Index Futures' started by PuffyGums, Jun 11, 2002.

1. Volume do you do daily Puffy?

Comp

#11     Jun 11, 2002
  2. Not nearly enough for what you're thinking of.
    I'm a very small fry.

#12     Jun 11, 2002
  3. Anyways I'd still have to get a private line in addition because the latency to Chicago alone is still fairly significant.

#13     Jun 11, 2002
  4. Of course if I did all that, then I'd probably have to be near the point of becoming a member trader.

#14     Jun 11, 2002
  5. Thier are different solutions for different traders.....

On another note if you are looking to connect at faster speeds and you are in cali..thier is an ISP called yipes they have an ethernet connection that will have only one or two hops from thier to chicago. Prices are 500 a meg. Not bad ...

Cheers,

Comp

#15     Jun 11, 2002
  6. Yes, I'll look into a local solution that gives me fewer hops.

#16     Jun 11, 2002
  7. stevet

stevet

compisnada2002

what sort of ethernet connection is it

and i guess you mean ethernet out of the computer, which is at least 10mbs and then to the ISP, but once there, surely you are back in the same game routing where ever the routing takes you unless there was a VPN

#17     Jun 11, 2002
  8. nljones5

nljones5

Puffy, I see you are using LiveCharts for e-minis. Is that with real time quotes? I am under the impression that you have to use the Qchart level packages to do real time e-minis with quote.com. In fact, that's what they told me in an e-mail. My charting needs are pretty simple, so I don't want a full package just to follow the NQ and ES.

#18     Jun 11, 2002
  9. Livecharts is $9.95/mo + $10/mo for GLOBEX. I pay $19.95.

#19     Jun 11, 2002
  10. nljones5

nljones5

Thanks, Puffy, I just took at look at the livecharts that you get when you register at their site. FYI, have you ever looked at quotetracker? I'm able to get e-mini quotes on it through etrade and from what I see I think its easier to look at than livecharts, but I don't know about time and sales info on quotetracker. The reason I'm telling you all this is you might have an account you can get the mini quotes through for quotetracker, and then it's free. And twenty bucks gets you two extra bad ticks a month on the nq (could be one that reverses that before your stop, lol). I called etrade's data provider to find out how to get the emini from them. Etrade support didn't know. Anyway, quotetracker said they support IB for stocks now and hope to have it for e-mini at some point.

#20     Jun 11, 2002