IB is down?

Discussion in 'Interactive Brokers' started by AMAT, Oct 6, 2005.

1. I'm still running 846.5 with no problems today, or recently.

Java Version 1.50_04

#11     Oct 6, 2005
  2. Pete - IB

Pete - IB Interactive Brokers

P.S. - The problem only occurred with Java 1.4.

#12     Oct 6, 2005
  3. Bob111

Bob111

ok, i did upgrade-unable to login back right now 8:27 pm 10/7/2005. did try it from browser version-same sh**t. check IB system status page-no problem reported.sick of those upgrades\updates every few weeks.on way to change my broker. can't take this no more.hope they listen

#13     Oct 7, 2005
  4. JackR

JackR

My log-in worked just now at 11 PM EST. Remember that they shutdown for Saturday thru noon Sunday. You can still try to log in as "edemo". password "demouser" over the weekend.

You might check the version of Java you are running. IB suggests upgrading to 1.5 but people have reported 1.4 still works.

There was also a report that someone upgraded to Java 1.5 but that the internal path (Windows path) still went to the now non-existent 1.4. Once that was corrected it worked. You might do a quick search here on ET.

Jack

#14     Oct 7, 2005
  5. AMAT

AMAT

Sorry guys for not come back to this thread earlier. I have a habit of that once the regular trading opens I will not read anything related to the market, no internet, no CNBC, no news, no nothing. I am afraid of all these things might influence my judgement one way or another. I just feel to the market and react accordingly.

Especially thanks for those guys who have responded: JackR, Htrade, sprstpd, Xenia, Bob111, Kostia00, and Pete_IB good luck to your trading.

PS: at 9:00 I called IB tech support they asked me to reinstalled the latest TWS on top of my old latest TWS. The problem fixed.

#15     Oct 8, 2005
  6. Bob111

Bob111

Thank you JackR for support. i know about wrong patch,know how to fix it. after market close on friday i did upgrade and unable to login on one account. did login on another one. don't know what's the problem is, but all this stuff is just drive me crazy. after i install new TWS-it delete all IB API components in same directory. i spend good amount of time, to put all settings on new TWS, just to find out later, that my IB API application did not work anymore. after i run uninstall API(before install new one) and choose-remove automatically-it did remove rest of API stuff along with new TWS.
    man....where is the end of it? is it so hard to add a line of code with right java path? is it so hard to put message to user something like-install your new tws in new directory every time,because we are too lazy to write proper uninstall soft. do not put API components into same directory where your TWS is and so on. sick and tired from it.not to mention that for last 2 weeks new version of TWS on my brand new AMD64 freezes so bad, that it cause to crash some applications, if they running at same time. 2 weeks of emails to IB and back-still having the problem and actually no solution or even advise been offrered.
    ask them to login directly into my computer(they must have such service) and run their application on my side and see, how it works.
    no respond on that one.

#16     Oct 8, 2005
  7. Best to upgrade Java to 1.5.

Using 1.4.x-latest and TWS will produce some odd "bugs" (in UI, nothing fatal or affecting API trading in my experience), which I have mentioned in posts some weeks ago.

#17     Oct 8, 2005