IB is down, has been for the last 20 minutes

Discussion in 'Interactive Brokers' started by newestmember, Nov 7, 2003.

1. Momento

Momento

must of been a regional prob. No problem here.

#21     Nov 7, 2003
  2. my account has been on and off at least 5 times today. I,m getting pretty damn sick of it too.

#22     Nov 7, 2003
  3. where is Def when y ou need him? :p

#23     Nov 7, 2003
  4. dbphoenix

dbphoenix

I don't mind the outages per se. This is nothing compared to several years ago when I had dial-up. But I wish they'd use their System Status properly and not give the impression that it's all the user's fault/problem. If a server or two or several are down, then say so. That would at least save a wasted phone call.

#24     Nov 7, 2003
  5. Please give Def a break since he is in Hong Kong time (13 hours ahead of us in the East Coast.

#25     Nov 7, 2003
  6. franklin

franklin

second that - I can't actually remember last time when the problem wasn't on their end (based on fact that data from other sources continues without interruption)

I do think outage rate with IB is way too high for traders trading in short time frames - something like once per week for significant period during busiest trading hours - I don't understand why they don't give fixing this a higher priority

#26     Nov 7, 2003
  7. This week was a problem for the gw5 server, but overall uptime has been very high. And I'm watching all day.

#27     Nov 8, 2003