IB is down, has been for the last 20 minutes

Discussion in 'Interactive Brokers' started by newestmember, Nov 7, 2003.

1. Third time today :(

#11     Nov 7, 2003
  2. MORE

MORE

one more time down

#12     Nov 7, 2003
  3. I bet that offer from Advanced Futures is looking really good right now. I definitely wouldn't tolerate this much downtime if I was trading for a living.

-Fast

#13     Nov 7, 2003
  4. Sittas

Sittas

no probs here. Everything works just as it should.

#14     Nov 7, 2003
  5. 3rd time down here today......question....no matter where or who I have used (including trading floors) systems have gone down....anyone know of a foolproof system that doesn't go down?

#15     Nov 7, 2003
  6. I've had trouble EVERYWHERE with outages ... I have had so LITTLE trouble with IB until very recently ... Reliability has been so much better at IB than E*Trash/Ameritrash/Datek/Merrill Lynch, all of which I have had experience with...in fact, it's an insult to even compare IB with those others...

That said, I'm always unhappy when there's an outage, and my first priority is to find out if it's my fault or theirs......

#16     Nov 7, 2003
  7. The point is that if you trade through a discount online broker, you should have two different brokers/accounts. There will always be outages.

#17     Nov 7, 2003
  8. Definetely some trouble today. I'm on gw1 and quotes have been on and off.

#18     Nov 7, 2003
  9. nitro

nitro

I was down premarket briefly. No downtime during the regular trading hours though...

nitro

#19     Nov 7, 2003
  10. My trading account was up with no interruptions, but my FA account was down.

#20     Nov 7, 2003