IB is down - glad I don't use IB to trade

Discussion in 'Interactive Brokers' started by Benign, Dec 28, 2007.

1. So, here we have "two" idots: boost123 and trader123abc.

The first idiot can count to three. The second one can do that AND knows the first three letters of the alphabet. What morons.
    Nothin but shills.

LOL
    You took the time to create a new alias
    to make this post! LOL(Loser)
    Oh I love Elite Trader, best thing when nothing is on TV. Ya I'm a shill for IB because I have nothing bad to say about them. If you don't like IB go somewhere else!

#41     Dec 28, 2007
  2. boost123

boost123

Who is this silly SHILL?:confused:

#42     Dec 28, 2007
  3. boost123

boost123

SHILL

Your company must be in a bad state to have 2 vacancy open at same time. What business are you into?

#43     Dec 28, 2007
  4. Icarus5

Icarus5

ABSOLUTE POS" - [Proximo] December 28, 2007 10:46 AM

If you like losing tens of thousands due to pink screens and lock outs than IB is for you.
    They have cost me thousands and thousands of $'s.

I would like to say a big FU to their IT/Development team.
    Here's a post that [Proximo] made over in the forum on Brokers, so it obviously isn't just you or Benign, boost123.

The Interactive Brokers/Retail Trader relationship is a weird one. It's apparent that they do something (or somethings) really well, otherwise you wouldn't have so many really good traders who constantly go to bat for them.

But the constant outages and other serious problems, along with comensurate loss in opportunity or at worst, serious loss of capital, would be enough to make me wipe my hands of them, if I were [trading with] them, which thankfully, I am not.

If I were them I would put the money into the infrastruce so that these problems and outtages that occur don't happen ... or at least don't happen so readily. I honestly don't believe that it is impossible, for some reason it just does not appear to be a priority. If they were to do so they would without a doubt be the premier retail brokerage in the Americas, and maybe even on a Global level.

Until then ... well, the last thing I want to worry about is the instablity that comes from having your mission critical applictions constantly fail you at a moments notice, so no dice.

I

#44     Dec 28, 2007
  5. boost123

boost123

#45     Dec 28, 2007
  6. Good post.

#46     Dec 28, 2007
  7. Icarus5

Icarus5

That won't win you any awards at this site, and actually is a detriment to the issue we're talking about here, which is the severe lack of platfrom stability, inconsistent margin practices (inconsistent with the rest of the industry) and overall lack of professionalism on the part of Interactive Brokers.

Hey, even though I don't trade with them, I'm frustrated too, they have the absolute best 3rd Party support in the industry, bar none. I'd love for them to tighten-up their act so I get some of the extra talent working for me.
    Shills do what you did in your post, Boost123, so please, don't do it again or we'll all hit the complain button faster than you can say bullshit meter. Stick to the OP's topic, or pay a sponsor fee and start advertising your sevices ... at which point we're going to drop down on you like a hammer.

I

#47     Dec 28, 2007
  8. #48     Dec 28, 2007
  9. Icarus5

Icarus5

LMAO, time to get some dessert!

I

#49     Dec 28, 2007
  10. :D :D :D

#50     Dec 28, 2007