IB is down - glad I don't use IB to trade

Discussion in 'Interactive Brokers' started by Benign, Dec 28, 2007.

1. #31     Dec 28, 2007
  2. Shill

Shill

So, here we have "two" idots: boost123 and trader123abc.

The first idiot can count to three. The second one can do that AND knows the first three letters of the alphabet. What morons.
    Nothin but shills.

#32     Dec 28, 2007
  3. boost123

boost123

SORRY I did not know you had to be from ETON or OXFORD to be a member at ET??!!!:D :D

My Sincere apologies to those i offended:D

#33     Dec 28, 2007
  4. boost123

boost123

Hi Shill.
    Welcome to ET.

Congrats on your first post here and what a lovely post too.:D

Happy and prosporouse new year to you matey. sory about the spillings i did not go to Havard or oxford like most guys on here.:D :D :D

BTW Shill i fink you spelt idiot wrong on your very first line of your very first post at ET.:D

#34     Dec 28, 2007
  5. Shill

Shill

Not a bad post boost123(abc). Maybee you "two" mofos could come work for me. I promise to pay u more than the guys you now work for.:cool:

Shill Much!!

#35     Dec 28, 2007
  6. Dang, this is one weird thread, oozing with bad karma. What the hell is wrong with you guys?

Let me guess. Pikers that blew their penny ante accounts at IB.

#36     Dec 28, 2007
  7. Benign

Benign

Well, unless you think I need spend 24 hours x 7 x several months to make 60 posts, I don't see why you think I don't have time to trade.

You made even posts 1699 over the years. So do you have time to trade anything? ;)

So you love to have so many products with you, don't you?

IMO someone just need focuses on one or a few markets. Who is going to trade everywhere? The so-called benefits of a wide variety of products only fancy those trading newbies. If you know for sure which market suit you best, you just need to stick with it. Then find the brokers who offer the best price for a few products you trade.

Let me tell you some weaknesses of IB:
    1. Negotiable: The prices of IB are not negotiable! It is not suitable for big traders who trade with big volumes daily as they can get cheaper price from a negotiable broker. The price is so low that you may not believe it. Well that's another story.
    2. Responsive and quick to respond to individual needs: Any broker allows me to use the third-party data without subscribing their own. IB forced me to use its second-rate data before I can trade (otherwise bombarded with the persistent popup). Nothing is done after several months. What if I have bigger problems in future? Will IB just leave me alone? The issue alone is no big deal but it reflects IB business model and how IB honours and satisify individual requests.
    3. Inflexible: IB is just a bureaucratic broker which won't adapt to suit your needs. For example I heard someone's account was being locked up for some reasons. He asked the customer service to unlock. They said nothing could be done. Please wait for the next day. Well a flexible broker will unlock him after a few minutes.

Less than half year.
    You are US-based so you would not be interested in my broker. Well I tried IB because I heard good things. But it turned out to be a mess. Anyway PM me if you want further info.

Enough today.
    Bye ET.

#37     Dec 28, 2007
  8. Benign

Benign

Good to hear that your connection is up even IB is still in acute state.

WIDE SCALE SERVICE DISRUPTION
    On 28 December at approximately 10:24 EST, IB experienced a system failure leading to a significant service disruption affecting all US exchanges and all clients connecting to our US data center. The disruption lasted in an acute state approximately 35 minutes...

#38     Dec 28, 2007
  9. Bob111

Bob111

you obviously not been long enough with IB.
    all three statements above are wrong..
    good luck to you in next year and i hope, that we not going to hear any more IB whining from you about IB..it's your "backup" broker anyway, right? :p

#39     Dec 28, 2007
  10. boost123

boost123

Good to hear that your connection is up even IB is still in acute state.

WIDE SCALE SERVICE DISRUPTION
    On 28 December at approximately 10:24 EST, IB experienced a system failure leading to a significant service disruption affecting all US exchanges and all clients connecting to our US data center. The disruption lasted in an acute state approximately 35 minutes...
    [/QUOTE]

I think Mr Atticus will tell you that CYOF, ATEHT and Booster [me]
    have something to do with IB being down a lot in 2007 and I'm the one who has taken the trouble to put up all those links containing complaints about IB service.:(

One guy here called me a moron for putting those links up, can you beleive it.:D

#40     Dec 28, 2007