IB Interruption Performance for the two weeks ending 26th Dec 2003.

Discussion in 'Interactive Brokers' started by Digs, Dec 7, 2003.

1. Quah

Quah

Come on Jon - surely the "poll pressure" put on IB from these polls is the real reason IB decided to solve these issues quickly!

Don't deny the extreme power of an ET poll! :D

#21     Dec 8, 2003
  2. ROFLMAO!

#22     Dec 8, 2003
  3. cvds16

cvds16

I'm for one thing am glad the people who set up this poll dont run IB, because that would be a real disaster judging by the way they set up this thing ... :D

#23     Dec 8, 2003
  4. he goes by the name of "Digs"

:D

#24     Dec 8, 2003
  5. CalTrader

CalTrader Guest

Def:

Here is another customer retention tip: when some nut continuously hammers your firm and there is nothing you can do to stop it, dont cause actual damage by threatening your customers with no support due to negative comments.

I get pretty tired of reading threats by IB personnel when people raise a concern - legitimate or otherwise.

Dont threaten your customers. Period. They are free to move ALL their business off your brokerage since there are PLENTY of other alternatives.

#25     Dec 8, 2003
  6. Thanks, IB, for the forthright response.

Having been with you for literally years and years, I came to expect pretty much 100% reliability, actually, which is almost as important to me as price.

For the most part, I would rather do without certain improvements if it means compromising reliability.

There's nothing quite like taking a large position just as TWS logs off, if you know what I mean....

When do you expect the majority of the work to be completed, towards restoring reliability?

#26     Dec 8, 2003
  7. I've been with IB as a client for nigh on 3 years, logging in every trading day during that span. I've seen my share of interruptions, occasionally when working a large order in options. I remember one instance in which I'd sold 300 ES puts and was looking to get short futures off, whammo! TWS offline.

We've all seen our share of TWS interrupts, but I personally wouldn't be able to trade effectively w/o IB. There is simply no other broker/clearer in which I can trade as cheaply with the breadth of product -- equity/index/futures options from the same platform, amazing.

If not for IB I'd be forced to clear as a pro in my personal account.

best,
    arb.

#27     Dec 8, 2003
  8. I'm pretty sure def posts answers as a favor to ET people and monitoring this board is not part of his responsibility (aside from the greater good of the company argument). People should cut him some slack here IMO.

#28     Dec 8, 2003
  9. CalTrader

CalTrader Guest

Yes. Usually useful comments from DEF. Except these few cases -as well as other comments I have seen from other IB pesonnel on this board and elsewhere. My point stands: dont risk your good customers by making negative statements. The best action in these cases is to simply ignore these types of comments or better yet state what you are doing to help with the situation and leave it at that .....

#29     Dec 8, 2003
  10. This useless poll has now been viewed 1100 times.

6 people have voted so far.

That should say everything.

#30     Dec 8, 2003