IB Interruption Performance for the two weeks ending 26th Dec 2003.

Discussion in 'Interactive Brokers' started by Digs, Dec 7, 2003.

1. Dear fellow IB users :

I can assure you as someone who used to work for an F.C.M.

( not IB ) that people in the know

are aware of and are working on resolving problems
    even if it means working extra hours to solve those problems

perhaps the next time there is an IB rep in your city
    ( seminar , traders expo etc )
    you can speak to them in person about issues that concern
    you as a trader with an acct. at IB

setharb

#11     Dec 8, 2003
  2. It's fun to see how desperate IB's
    competitors must be. Although I do not
    think reputable firms (like velocity) would
    engage such a campaign, many of the smallers would...

I agree this is all a waste of time, it will change noting, but make this whole board a waste of time as well

#12     Dec 8, 2003
  3. There is no need for several "IB logged me off" threads per day. I have seen a lot more such threads here than I have been logged off during last 24 months with IB.

:D

#13     Dec 8, 2003
  4. cvds16

cvds16

making a poll out of it makes no sense: what if you got logged off at two different times, you can only vote once. Personally i'm quite satisfied with IB, you will have problems however with every broker sometimes, nothing is perfect. As long as they remain minor i can live with that. Exchanges have problems too for that matter: i remember well a period when there were problems days on end in Amsterdam. Have a hard stop in is the only solution if things go wrong at your broker or have a back-up broker.

#14     Dec 8, 2003
  5. Its nice to see others taking action in this matter. As I said yesterday, I plan to start a new poll every day for a while to see, whether or not, the situation with IB's connectivity improves. We have had two good days of trading since I started the IB poll. Lets hope it continues. Good job guys.

#15     Dec 8, 2003
  6. cvds16

cvds16

oh and another point: 9.30 am, is which 9.30 am ? CET, GMT, EST or what, it tends to make a difference.

#16     Dec 8, 2003
  7. this thread is a joke :p

#17     Dec 8, 2003
  8. Quah

Quah

LMAO. Good job indeed! Your poll caused IB to take action(s) which lead to that result (two good days of trading)!

Not.

#18     Dec 8, 2003
  9. The statistics will speak for themselves eventually.

#19     Dec 8, 2003
  10. IBj

IBj Interactive Brokers

You are correct that IB has had an unusual number of technical problems over the last ~3-4 weeks. We are not in self-denial of that point. In fact, we have dropped the development priority on many new features/facilities in order to fully concentrate on generating immediate improvements in several areas of our system. On a medium term, we are completely redoing our QA (quality assurance) process to get more thorough and preemptive control over possible weaknesses.

However, we should not delude ourselves that 100% is a realistic goal, not if IB continues to enhance our product. Every change brings with it the risk of 2nd or 3rd order effects which even the most rigorous testing will not expose. Regardless, the recent spate of service failures has been completely outside of acceptable limits and we are taking that extremely seriously. If there is a desire to make some kind of poll or whatever, I guess it is OK, but we at IB don't need it to know we have to solve these issues quickly for our clients and ourselves.

Jon

#20     Dec 8, 2003