IB integration with QCharts - what would you like to see?

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by Cdntrader, May 16, 2002.

1. IB is attempting to have QCharts integrate with the IB TWS. What features would you like to see?

2. My number one request would be to replace QCharts feed with eSignal or ATFinancial. QCharts' charting is fine - stability of datafeed is amateurish. Just my 2 cents.

3. They'll probably integrate with many. So start another thread if you wish. I'd like to keep this "on topic".

4. I agree 100%. Knowing how amateurish the quote.com organization is in general, I can't imagine that pairing up with them would benefit IB at all, with the obvious exception of increased commish revenue.

It seems strange that IB would choose qcharts as a partner, especially over more technically savvy and reliable feeds like ESignal. Even more so considering how protective IB is over their computers - the risk of quote.com causing computer outages at IB is probably pretty good.

The only thing keeping QC alive is their charting program. I'd give them 2 years before they go under, especially considering the fact that new charting apps have been coming out like crazy since ravenquote died, and since esignal seems hell-bent on taking away QC market share.

5. H2O

H2O

I would really like to get intergrated order entry from the Level II (Not only BEST but also direct routing to every ECN)

Please integrate as much as possible. It would be great !!!
    (But I also agree that eSignal or ATFI would be better !)

Thanks

6. now, why would you want to replace one quote feed that doesn't work (IB's) with another that doesn't work (Quote.com).?

beats me ...

7. just21

just21

Qcharts option prices are so wrong that I don't see how you could integrate it with ib. IB should just timestamp their quotes, save them to a historical server and do their own charting application.

8. Frankly I could care less whether you or any other whiners don't like QCharts. Perhaps you could read the title of this thread and either contribute or go elsewhere.

9. Fitz

Fitz

Why would IB screw with this idea at all?

I believe IB should stop adding all these bells/whistles/integrations and just focus on keeping the current system reliable with fast executions. No need to keep screwing up a good thing.

10. I for one would love the idea. I use Qcharts, it works fine, and there is nothing elseeven close to realtick type charting. I hope IB can do this. All I really care about is being able to click on level to bring up some kind of order window that defaults could be set into. Better yet would be full selection of routing. Hotkeys would be great too. Options arn't important to me at this time. If I think of anything else, I'll post again.

What is the time frame of something like this occuring?

Thanks,

#10     May 16, 2002