IB improvements

Discussion in 'Interactive Brokers' started by Babak, Aug 5, 2001.

1. def

I noticed that TWS Account Summary window can be resized vertically but not horizontally. Horizontally is definitely needed to reduce screen space used.

#71     Sep 5, 2001
  2. roger2

roger2

i agree with the comments above by Turok and Cdntrader

#72     Sep 5, 2001
  3. def

def Sponsor

i am told there will be some vast improvements to the acct info coming shortly.

as for the dde, bloomberg, reuters, bridge, they all have it. However they are DATA providers. IB is not a quote vendor and thus there may be legal issues with the release of data. However, there is some discussion about opening up to allow easier access and cheaper usage via a CTCI interface. This may address scitraders wishes.

Turok: I agree and assume the firm agrees with you as well. The goal is the provide the cheapest and fastest access to the markets.

#73     Sep 5, 2001
  4. -----------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Originally posted by def...

"i am told there will be some vast improvements to the acct info coming shortly"
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Is realtime updating of purchasing power for cash accounts still being looked into ? My wife just opened her IRA account with IB last month. I intend to open my IRA account with IB in a few weeks. The reason this issue is important to us is because with the allowable annual IRA contributions increasing substantially (i.e. to $ 3,000 - then $ 4,000 - then $ 5,000), it won't be long before we conceivably have a lot of money in our IRA accounts. Realtime updating of purchasing power would be an enormous plus IMO in the flexibility it would offer in how we manage our IRAs. Thanks def.

#74     Sep 6, 2001
  5. def

def Sponsor

the realtime updating of purchasing will or will not come depending on further consultations with legal and the regulators. Under reg t rules, it is currently believed that any updating of real time purchasing before settlement (T+3) would be deemed margin and thus fall under day trading rules. However, as many of you mentioned, other firms seem to be doing the above then I imagine a precident will be set and possibly the policy will be changed. I would not expect any changes until the NASDAQ rules come into effect towards the end of the month.

#75     Sep 6, 2001
  6. Babak

Babak

def, did you find out anything re IOC orders? this was discussed about two weeks ago in another thread.

#76     Sep 6, 2001
  7. def

def Sponsor

not yet, been swamped. will try to follow up ASAP.

#77     Sep 6, 2001
  8. I truly hope IB will provide a programatic interface to order entry that is more affordable that the current CTCI model. In particular, if IB allowed the API to run concurrently with TWS, so that we could use TWS's account manger, IB would have the best order entry system on the market.

#78     Sep 9, 2001
  9. def

def Sponsor

this may be in the works in some shape or form (definately the cheaper and easier interface for API's). Not sure about if an API will be able to be open at the same time as the TWS.

#79     Sep 9, 2001
  10. agent99

agent99

I just downloaded the most recent TWS beta and have some comments on some of the new features:

1. The new version gives us the ability to reorder our TWS pages. You're supposed to click on the page and drag it to where you want it to go. This doesn't seem to be working right, as when I move one page to another location to put it in order, the one next to where the relocated page is supposed to go moves to where the original page was located. I think IB needs to go back to the drawing board on that one.

2. The account information page is supposed to be reworked. However, when I adjust the page to a smaller width, instead of the columns adjusting to the new size (the way it should work), columns are just cut off.

3. We now have the ability to set alarms based on bid, ask or last. However, I don't see a way to use a different sound of our choosing which is important to me. If you can set it yourself, how is it done? Or, if that ability is not there, I would like that option.

#80     Sep 16, 2001