IB improvements

Discussion in 'Interactive Brokers' started by Babak, Aug 5, 2001.

1. Turok

Turok

>Why should IB even bother offering any
    >data feed at all? (if executions are
    >all that matters.....)

Because without the basic data feed integrated into TWS, the execution interface would suck.(IB data feed is more then LVL1 BTW, cause we get each ECNs best price)

It's the ability to whack a hot key and have it send off a limit order that matches the current best price of any given ECN that makes the interface rock.

JB

#61     Aug 23, 2001
  2. agent99

agent99

Got an interesting email from IB today with a survey attached. It says:

"Interactive Brokers is considering delivering additional services such as Level II quotes and charts. We ask that you help guide our priorities by completing a brief three question survey."

Can't wait to hear about the outcome of this effort. :)

#62     Aug 24, 2001
  3. Babak

Babak

def, can you please tell us why IOC orders are not used at IB? thanks

#63     Aug 25, 2001
  4. agent99

agent99

Def,

A recent TWS version gave us the ability to print out our executed orders which was appreciated. I'd like to also be able to do that for pending orders. Any chance of that?

Thanks,

#64     Aug 28, 2001
  5. For the color-inept/blind among us: instead of color coding the status of the order, can there be a simple word in the status box instead? Something like: Pending, Filled, Partial, etc.

Also, it'd be great if we can enter stop limit orders on the quote line, as opposed to pulling up the ticket.

If we could also set default increments away from the current bid and ask, such that when we fill in the order we have the desired bids and asks in place that would be helpful.

Thanks.

Punter

#65     Aug 28, 2001
  6. Def - do you have any news to share on the possibility of IB customers being able to daytrade in a cash account ? I'm confident that IB supports small investors in this matter. In today's age - I feel strongly that customers with cash accounts should be able to trade with realtime updating/settlement of their accounts. No borrowing is taking place - it's the investors own money at stake. :)

#66     Sep 3, 2001
  7. def

def Sponsor

i'll try to get some info on Tuesday (after the holiday).

BTW, regarding CTCI connectivity..... I heard rumblings that a a web based CTCI solution may be rolled out that will allow cheap and easy third party apps access the system.

#67     Sep 3, 2001
  8. I would like to second the Quotetracker suggestion if only for "best"quotes. I don't see why that should be too complicated.

Again allow Canadians to open accounts. Canadian regulators are trying to protect Canadian Securities Dealers at the expense of Canadian investors. We need some real competition up here, not the type of phony competition resulting from US brokers setting up shop here and operating as part of the protected market. If you can't allow new customers, at least allow existing customers to open additional accounts.

#68     Sep 3, 2001
  9. I think the most demanded improvement to IB TWS is a robust DDE capability to link to Excel or other DDE-capable charting software, such as INDEXIA and Fibonacci Trader, and by some workarounds even to MetaStock and TradeStation.

Quoted from BRIDGE, "With the real time data functionality in Office XP, BRIDGE streams its real-time market data information into Office XP". I think a robust implementation of this capability will greatly extend the usability and possibility of the IB TWS platform while maintain the clean, excellent design and focus on order execution.

Besides, why not TWS show session high, low, and volume fields?
    Sometimes when not having access to the dedicated quote machine, or for some overseas futures markets, TWS is the only source for real time data. Session high, low, and volume are critical to get the "Big Picture" of that session.

#69     Sep 5, 2001
  10. Turok

Turok

>I think the most demanded improvement to IB
    >TWS is a robust DDE capability [snip]

Well, I'm not sure where your survey result comes from, but I just reread this entire thread and can't find this "most demanded" improvement demanded anywhere except in your post.

I just want to weigh in and say that I hope IB doesn't go for stuff like the above. I use IB because it is simpler, faster, cheaper and as reliable as any trading platform I have ever used (and I've used a bunch).

PLEASE don't screw it up with DDE, LVL2, charting, analytics, etc.

Thanks

JB

PS: No disrespect intended SciTrader, I'm sure such a feature would be really nice for you and wish you the best.

#70     Sep 5, 2001