IB improvements

Discussion in 'Interactive Brokers' started by Babak, Aug 5, 2001.

1. sail

sail

A full NYSE menu of order types including (moc) market on close and (loc) limit on close orders would be nice!

#261     Nov 30, 2001
  2. What we really need are user specified default routings , that will populate the screen upon the simply typing of a symbol. Having to select from that menu is cumbersome, and a time waster.

If IB implements many of these suggestions, they'll actuall have a kick *ss platform eventually.

#262     Nov 30, 2001
  3. Turok

Turok

That would be EXCELLENT -- type in the symbol and hit ENTER.

Your default route would be installed and you could immediatly fire off an order. One of the current weaknesses of TWS is how long it takes to set up a line if an unexpected opportunity comes along.

Nice idea.

JB

#263     Nov 30, 2001
  4. agent99

agent99

I've been asking for a way to enter quick trades without having to preset routes for quite awhile. The request seems to have fallen on deaf ears to date, but I am ever hopeful. Nice to see others making the request. :)

#264     Nov 30, 2001
  5. rsaegar

rsaegar

The new version of the execution window is great with it's added functionality of sorting the data with a mouse click on the column header, or adjusting the layout via the dropdown menu. It would help tremendously to be able to copy or export this page to a document file or spreadsheet at the end of each day. Anyone have any thoughts on how this might be accomplished?

RS

#265     Nov 30, 2001
  6. Grabbit

Grabbit

Just my thought! Especially when you want to enter a whole list of symbols it's terribly annoying to keep switching between mouse and keyboard.

#266     Dec 1, 2001
  7. vitajex

vitajex

Does Def or anyone else know why there are no
    quotes in the TWS for the ARCA route with QQQ or
    other listed stocks/ETFs?

This was the last I heard from IB tech support, in June.

Dear Trader,

I also see this. Do not route orders to ARCA at this time, use best execution or another ECN. IB will contact our programmers and we will try to resolve this matter ASAP.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Best Regards,
    John
    IB CS

#267     Dec 3, 2001
  8. def

def Sponsor

i am not aware of it but I do not look at specific routes for the ETF's. I'm not sure if there is anything different about routing to ARCA for the ETF's but I'll see what I can do.

#268     Dec 3, 2001
  9. Trader01

Trader01

I would like to see a list of shortable stocks with one click from the TWS platform from the Help button. As it is now, you have to click help, then IB Home Page, then Trading information, then shortable stocks.

Sorry if this has been discussed before or it is already possible.:p

#269     Dec 3, 2001
  10. Catoosa

Catoosa

TRADER 01 :

When shorting stocks on IB it is as simple as transmitting a short order. If it is available for loan, the order is entered. If it is not available, the order is rejected. Use an order price away from the market if you only want to know if the stock is shortable.

Catoosa

#270     Dec 4, 2001