IB improvements

Discussion in 'Interactive Brokers' started by Babak, Aug 5, 2001.

1. def..

im not trying to be picky but if you use those large icons and then put words under them then its going to take up even more screen space.. the icons we had before were perfect.. this is one of those cases where less is more..

-qwik

#241     Nov 26, 2001
  2. def

def Sponsor

as long as you're all stating "for the record". For the record I just sent an e-mail asking if we can have an option to remove the line and have a few links to previous TWS. thanks to your comments the next release will at least have icons with words on the bottom of them - the ones I saw did not take up more space. we shall see if the option to remove/edit the icon bar is introduced at a later date. hopefully i'll get some feedback by tomorrow.

no need to further compain about them here as I saw the posts. I liked the old ones as well but I was told that there were complaints that they looked too outdated - like a DOS system.

#242     Nov 26, 2001
  3. Yoda

Yoda

How about reconsidering your policy in regards to "live updating cash accounts"? Even though I mailed IB management Fed reserve's phone # to clarify: "Please contact Federal Reserve Board at 202-452-3000 and clarify", I know that you guys concluded that: "Sorry, we got to go with the opinion of our legal department. tp", and that was the best answer I ever got from IB people...:( I know it's a dead topic, but I thought I'd ask again...

Bob

#243     Nov 26, 2001
  4. drlenny

drlenny

Hello everybody!

I am a German. And I am using TWS and IB now almost as long as the Xetra Exchange is available for trading. And I like it, because I can trade the US Stock form the multi currency acount very easy as well.

Def, the problem I have with the TWS might not be so interesting for most people here, but I would like to describe it anyway.

Most of the time I am using the IBIS exchange in the TWS system (actually it is called now Xetra outside the TWS). Here I have a problem with the "Change" column. It does NOT give the market data for the actual change, this column is almost always wrong! Over a single day it is consistent to some constant quote, but it is definately not the closeing quote of the previous day!!!

This is actually my main concern.

Second some improvements that one could be made are possibly optional columns, that have a high, low, volume, average stock price of the day (refering to the volume), and a change column in percentages. Besides that a small maybe seperate application window for times and sales would be nice.

But those folowing wishes are absolutely secondary. The system must just be stable and fast. But the provided market data should be correct, not at least because we will be paying for it now.

Thank You,

drlenny

p.s. Maybe the IBIS Exchange will become interesting for some of You, because of the daytrading rule. I do not exactly know, but I could imagine it does not apply for You for trading at the German exchange.

#244     Nov 26, 2001
  5. def

def Sponsor

yoda,
    as a member of the NYSE it seems the rules preclude one from updating cash balances on a real time basis. sorry but I will not have any influence over this one unless you can come up with an example of a well established NYSE member firm which allows this. (note a memeber of NASD is not necessarily a member of the NYSE)

drlenny,
    i'll talk to the guys in europe or a programmer about the change on the day. could be as simple that the closing prices IB is matching to are downloaded at a wrong time.

as for high/low/open/close/%chnge. it has been suggested before. for that request, i suggest you send a note to IB mgmt.

#245     Nov 26, 2001
  6. Yoda

Yoda

Thanks Def, that was very specific answer, I'll will be seaching for what you mentioned.

Bob

#246     Nov 26, 2001
  7. fleance

fleance

#247     Nov 27, 2001
  8. Fohat

Fohat

def,

Cash balances are updated T+3. Nobody is asking for updating cash balances on realtime basis.

What we are asking is for realtime updating of IB software buying power NUMBER (this number is not cash, just a number). The purpose of updating that number is that when daytrades are settled and cash is updated T+3 , the transactions comply with Reg.T.

A Number is updated realtime, not the cash balances !
    When the buying power number is updated, cash is not updated immediately. Cash is updated three days after the number is updated.

We don't need realtime cash updating, update that TWS buying power NUMBER realtime.

Fohat

#248     Nov 27, 2001
  9. mskl

mskl

I have been telling IB about the two bugs you mentioned for the past few weeks now. Each time they do not admit there is a problem. I too, have found that positions do not always update immediately when done in rapid fire. I have noticed this with option positions as well.

The focus issue is another one that needs to be looked at.

Have you received confirmation that the programmers are actually aware of these two bugs?

#249     Nov 27, 2001
  10. drlenny

drlenny

Def,

thank You for the quick reply with the data in the change column. I really appreciate it.

drlenny

#250     Nov 27, 2001