IB improvements

Discussion in 'Interactive Brokers' started by Babak, Aug 5, 2001.

1. dottom

dottom

And another question- what happens if I'm not at my desk and my sellstop was hit, if IB's "interface to Globex" is down does my stop order get placed? Probably not. This is a totally unaceptable risk, even if you did have another broerkage account, if you were just trading EOD this happened your stops would not get filled.

#231     Nov 19, 2001
  2. Turok

Turok

>Does this happen often? (only been with IB for 2 weeks)

Been with IB for 8 months now, and it has only happened to me once before. I was able to reach the IB help desk and was prompty serviced. I have heard several stories like yours so my experienced may or may not be typical.

For reference purposes, I trade equities and have no experience with Globex.

JB

#232     Nov 19, 2001
  3. I should never have downloaded this POS of TWS upgrade. I can't save my columnn layout I don't need this f*cking T column and it keeps coming back each time I start TWS. Can somebody please help me go back to the 721build ( last upgrade I did) . How long will IB support previous versions? We are not software developers OK? I have no time to spend figuring out how to use a new version every 2-3 weeks not knowing what bug will hit me next! They should instead fix their "technical problems" with execution and quotes (DOM for instance)

#233     Nov 19, 2001
  4. Kicking..

i think i have the old tws full version 721.. email me and ill send it back to you.. my email is qwiktrade@aol.com

-qwik

#234     Nov 19, 2001
  5. IB is developing their software to compete against other ISV's such as Patsystems J Trader.

There's a bit of a race imo these days to have the most attractive software for traders when single stock futures roll out in 2002.

Heck 18 months ago IB was barely on the direct access trading map.

I suspect the pace of innovation will slow considerably in the next few months. I hope!:)

Maybe then they can concentrate on figuring out some ways to improve customer support.

#235     Nov 19, 2001
  6. Thanks qwiktrade, I do have an old version I am just not sure I will be able to reinstall it. How can I do that?

#236     Nov 20, 2001
  7. TraderWJ

TraderWJ

I just upgraded new TWA build,
    and the toolbar with about 10 similar looking buttons is somewhat annoying.

Is there anyway to remove it?
    Def, how about having on/off functions to display the toolbar?
    I don't think it is much useful because we have 'Transmit' and 'cancel' buttons in the order lines now.

Thanks.

WJ

#237     Nov 25, 2001
  8. def

def Sponsor

in the next release the buttons will be more clear - i.e. a word underneath - with a word like - send, xmit, cancel, etc.

#238     Nov 25, 2001
  9. Turok

Turok

For the record, place my vote towards a tool bar that can be hidden as well.

Def, thanks again for all your help in this forum.

JB

#239     Nov 25, 2001
  10. ehlaban

ehlaban

Also for the record,

a toolbar that can be hidden is greatly appreciated.

#240     Nov 26, 2001