IB Improvements (Part 3)

Discussion in 'Interactive Brokers' started by fleance, Mar 4, 2002.

1. Is there a way of getting your commissions subtracted from your real time p&l?

#51     Mar 15, 2002
  2. DEM

DEM

Hi

Is it possible to save my alerts?

After every restart of TWS my alerts are gone...

Thanks

DEM

#52     Mar 15, 2002
  3. Yes I know that 's irritating to miss a signal because the alerts were not saved. I have another problem: I set an alarm, it rings and when I cancel it TWS freezes, this happened to me several times. I am not using the latest build though, hate to upgrade software every month.

Does anybody know if one can access TWS from 2 different PC at the same time making it possible for joint account holders to trade the same account for example?

#53     Mar 15, 2002
  4. tntneo

tntneo Moderator

kicking you can access TWS from 2 locations, but the latest login disconnect the previous one.
    And sometimes this process can cause havoc in your pending orders (do it only when you have too).

tntneo

#54     Mar 15, 2002
  5. Well I noticed that when I inadvertently launched 2 TWS on the same PC, but we should be able to run simultaneously 2 TWS at different locations or on different PC, if you have a backup machine you may want to have the software running in case you need to place an order quickly. But the reason I was asking this was because I thought about opening an account with somebody else to put 25-30 K in and trade together.

#55     Mar 15, 2002
  6. cas

cas

I was wondering why orders sent by the rapid order disappear once they have filled...the order disappearing is fine..but the position line disappears also. It used to fill, and only the order would disappear, leaving the symbol quote line showing your position...and would disappear once you closed the position. Very frustrating to have to go back after sending a quick order and re-enter the trades you just did to figure out your positions. Am I missing something??

Thanks for everything Def you guys have a great service!

Cas

#56     Mar 15, 2002
  7. It is a security feature so someone doesn't log onto your account and start placing trades in your account while you are also trading. Unfortunately security also limits our ability to to things like have a backup up and ready to go.

#57     Mar 15, 2002
  8. It doesn't make sense , someone can log in when I am not trading .

#58     Mar 15, 2002
  9. tntneo

tntneo Moderator

sorry kicking.
    you can switch from one machine to the other one, but both can't be active at the same time.

I use this feature : I have a backup on a laptop (so it can run without AC) and a phone line.
    this backup machine is ready to spring into action in case I loose internet or AC on the main machine.
    But again, you just can't be logged in twice at the same.
    Most software (client server) works that way.
    It is no problem to access 2 DIFFERENT IB accounts even with the same machine. It just can't be the same account.

tntneo

#59     Mar 15, 2002
  10. alanm

alanm

I've had (and reported) the same problem, so I can't use the alerts. I feel as though it would happen when I configured more than a couple different alerts, or maybe when "something" happened at the same time as my trying to cancel the alert.

Who is using alerts successfully? Please post.

#60     Mar 15, 2002