IB Improvements (Part 3)

Discussion in 'Interactive Brokers' started by fleance, Mar 4, 2002.

1. mbg

mbg

i'm using 756.2 and am trying to configure the rapid order entry to display a sell short button. I went to Page layout, rapid order entry, clicked the box that says "show sell short", click OK, and it doesn't show - is this a bug?

#21     Mar 11, 2002
  2. ... i was wrong about the quote update issue. but if ib could support this, it would be one of the best things overall.

#22     Mar 11, 2002
  3. Have anyone been able to get the MOC, LOO orders to work? I have tried the latest 756.2 but I can't even make "OPG" show up in "time in force" or the new orders types to show up in "type". Any advice appreciated.

#23     Mar 11, 2002
  4. Htrader

Htrader Guest

Are you using the NYSE data line? MOOs don't work on BEST.

#24     Mar 11, 2002
  5. Yes, I'm making a market line with NYSE as the exchange. Does it actually work for you ?

#25     Mar 11, 2002
  6. I think I figured it out: the new orders do not work with the edemo account. Works fine with my real account.

#26     Mar 11, 2002
  7. utamaro

utamaro

Yep, it works ! Thanks.

#27     Mar 11, 2002
  8. gambler

gambler

Def,

Does IB offer NYSE Openbook? It's listed in the "All Other Fees" section on the website but when you login to your account, there isn't an opton for Openbook. How does one subscribe to the service?

Thanks for your help.

#28     Mar 11, 2002
  9. def

def Sponsor

i saw software entries that it is supported and asked the same question. The initial response was that it could be supported via request and eventually would be made available via the web site signon process. I'm not sure who you should request it. My best guess on this one would be to request it via ibmgt.

#29     Mar 11, 2002
  10. fleance

fleance

I updated my JTWS Bug & RFE list.

http://www.geocities.com/afleance/jtws_feedback.html

AFAIK the following bugs have been fixed, so I have moved them to my fixed bugs list.

CRITICAL: Position column, P&L, and AccountWindow sometimes take 30+ seconds to update plus the P&L will be displayed incorrectly in the meantime.
    [ Appeared to be fixed in build 754, possibly before, sometimes I still see that the P&L is incorrect for split-second, but then it corrects itself.]
    MAJOR: Changing stop order and retransmitting, status gets stuck at light blue.

I also expanded the Toolbar section in the document. IB has been changing the icon design over and over, but they haven't fixed the most annoying problems with it, e.g. icons too big, no option to turn it off, no way to customize it.

Fleance

#30     Mar 12, 2002