IB Improvements (Part 3)

Discussion in 'Interactive Brokers' started by fleance, Mar 4, 2002.

1. I wash checking out the new features to their workstation a few minutes ago and I have been greatly impressed. The improvements have come a long way in the last two months that I've been using it. They are constantly updating it with a good number of new features each week or so.

Anyway, I found that they now support a "relative" order mechanism. This basically allows you to specify what your order should do in relation to the market price. This looks to have a lot of potential. However, it doesn't seem to want to allow me to enter prices behind the market... which is frustrating. Another bad thing about this option is that it is only available for equities and options... maybe there's a good reason why they wont allow it for commodities.. any ideas?

#11     Mar 8, 2002
  2. dchoran

dchoran

hot keys to adjust both stop and limit prices together?

When I daytrade, I am constantly moving my stop limit orders to either lock in profits or minimize losses.

I have hot keys for price up and down that work fine for the limit price field but THE PROBLEM is I must manually then enter the revised aux or stop activation price!!! This manual change in the aux price is a royal pain and is costly in fast moving situations.

IS THERE ANY WAY TO HAVE MY PRICE HOT KEYS WORK SIMULTANEOUSLY FOR BOTH THE LIMIT AND STOP/AUX PRICE FIELDS????

I mostly trade the QQQ's and use the exact same limit and stop price and have never had a missed execution in market hours. But I have taken a beating quite a few times while punching in that damn aux price!!!!!

Thanks for your help everyone!!!!

Feel free to email me.

dchoran@athenet.net

Appleton, WI

#12     Mar 9, 2002
  3. def

def Sponsor

FYI, i rec'd approval to sponsor one of the forums. thus i'm back and no need to harass mgmt to sponsor here. thanks for all the supportive mails, kind words, etc etc. Just please try not to create new threads for each and every hiccup or question you have regarding IB. thanks and looking forward to posting again.

#13     Mar 9, 2002
  4. glad to hear it def, welcome back =)

-qwik

#14     Mar 9, 2002
  5. brich

brich

WELCOME BACK, DEF...... !!!!!!

#15     Mar 9, 2002
  6. luitom

luitom

Welcome back def.

Please read my post on the previous page regarding stop orders. I know this issue has been discussed over and over, but could you please give us a final and definite answer on IB stop orders.

It is obvious to everybody that the IB algorithm is creating a lot of problems to traders. The only solution is to create an API interface but then the stops would reside on our computers.

Could you please tell us what is IB's intention for the future regarding this problem: are they going ahead with the same policy despite the risk of having people change broker or are they thinking about changing?

Thanks in advance for your time.

#16     Mar 10, 2002
  7. def

def Sponsor

the policy was instituted due to many bad fills related to bad ticks/triggers (i assume mostly from ECN's). I'll get into a discussion on the policy and if there is any intent to change it. As for losing customers, we may lose or lost a few due to the policy. However, growth hasn't slowed since the policy was instituted. This is not an acceptable answer but it is fact. Perhaps the advent of supermontage will lead to changes. In the meantime, sorry to say, you'll just have to adapt to setting your triggers based upon IB's "rules".

#17     Mar 10, 2002
  8. utamaro

utamaro

Hello

Since last week I've started daytrading qqq options. I noticed that IB sometimes provides:
    - negative volumes
    - quotes that doesn't seem reliable, that is, when I hit the ask I do not get a fill, even when the market hasn't changed

I'm using an Adsl connection from Belgium, but it seems that both the Swiss and the US server have the same problem.

Any thoughts ?

Thanks.

#18     Mar 10, 2002
  9. def

def Sponsor

upgrade to v. 756. It should solve the problem.

#19     Mar 10, 2002
  10. ... i have the feeling IB changed the way they send quote updates, which was 1 update per second for all symbols until now. seems to use real-real-time tick updates now. great work ib.:)

#20     Mar 11, 2002