IB Improvements (Part 2)

Discussion in 'Interactive Brokers' started by mjt, Dec 4, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I NEVER use BEST ECN, always BEST.

I either direct to a specific ECN or take whatever is there using BEST. SuperSoes is lightning.

#81     Jan 9, 2002
  2. fleance

fleance

I have updated my list of requested features for IB's Java TWS to include comments on the new RapidOrderEntry panel.

http://www.geocities.com/afleance/jtws_feedback.html

In brief, I was very disappointed in this feature, even more so if this is IB's answer to the useability problems with the Ticker Entry and Order Entry. Click the link above to see more detailed comments and a screenshot (Scroll down to Rapid Order Entry).

Fleance

#82     Jan 9, 2002

3. How many orders do you put in a day? do you trade multi positions at one time? what is your avg hold time?

#83     Jan 10, 2002
  4. mskl

mskl

Not to take anything away from your main purpose of your post (Rapid Order Entry) but the two bugs you mention in your link are still not fixed months later. Does anyone know if IB knows/admits there is a problem? (and if they are planning to fix it)

I have done my best to explain these bugs to the help desk but they are not easy to explain. For example, with the first bug (P/L, position doesn't always update immediately) there is no way to tell "exactly" when this happens except to say that when two different orders/partials are executed in a short period of time (a couple seconds) then often one order is missed and it can take up to a minute to update your position.

The second bug often occurs when entering orders in rapid succession. After you enter the first order (and get a fill), then you immediately click on the second. The problem often occurs when you have to adjust price/quantity on this second order, you lose focus on your order and you end up inputting your hot keys in the price/quantity box instead of adjusting price/quantity.

#84     Jan 10, 2002
  5. I tried IB BEST with an odd lot above market and the order just sat there without executing so I canceled.
    :confused:

#85     Jan 10, 2002
  6. ih89to5

ih89to5

Is there any way to make the TWS software "always on top"?

Thanks

#86     Jan 10, 2002
  7. agent99

agent99

I have to disagree with Fleance who was disappointed by the new Rapid Entry panel. I found it to be a great enhancement. I used it several times today and it was flawless. My only comment, which I mentioned in a prior post, was that I'd like to see the route changeable as well. Hopefully this will be changed in a future release. In the meantime, I'm quite happy with it. TWS took a great leap forward imo with the addition of this new feature.

Thank,

#87     Jan 10, 2002
  8. fleance

fleance

#88     Jan 10, 2002
  9. fleance

fleance

Well, I'm glad you got some use out of it. I tried it out and it was very frustrating because even though entering a symbol is now easy (finally!), entering/adjusting the quantity, and price is slower plus once you transmit the order it isn't visible on your page, even if the ticker is on your page below.

Order Entry is already very streamlined *if* the contract line already exists and if you have learned the MouseClicks and HotKeys available. Definately the best of the brokers I have tried.

What sucks is the Ticker Entry. This is a known problem. You have to navigate too many popupmenus and popupdialogs to enter a new contract line.

I would be happy with this RapidOrderEntry if all it did was provide a field for symbol(s) entry and a selector for route.
    If I could click in the symbol box and type "CSCO" and hit return, and then have JTWS create a new contract line at the top of the OrderManagement panel *and* set the RowFocus to that line so I could immediately start using my HotKeys to create an order and adjust the price/quantity/etc., that would be a great feature.

Even better would be the ability to enter multiple tickers, e.g. "CSCO CIEN JNPR AMAT KLAC QLGC EMLX ....." and have a new contract line be created for each symbol.

http://www.geocities.com/afleance/jtws_feedback.html

Fleance

#89     Jan 10, 2002
  10. ih89to5

ih89to5

Thanks Fleance. works great- appreciate it

:cool:

#90     Jan 10, 2002
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.