IB Improvements (Part 2)

Discussion in 'Interactive Brokers' started by mjt, Dec 4, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I can't see why one would want an excel tws interface...is there something I'm missing?

Can anyone enlighten as to what you can do with such capability?

Thanks.

-- SP

#31     Dec 14, 2001
  2. Ability to enter several orders in one OCA group from a single screen or dialog (order) box would be handy.

After entering a position, I always enter an OCA group order - one sell order at my target price and one sell stop order to protect against unexpected price movement. Currently, I have to enter these orders separately. It would be more efficient and convenient to enter the two orders at one time from a single screen.

johnny

#32     Dec 14, 2001
  3. def

def Sponsor

stock_punter,
    the excel interface in particular is used by many hedge funds or basket traders who keep track of their baskets via an excel spread sheet. i think this was the primary drive towards offering the access via DDE.

another benefit is the abilty to create your own macros. for example, rubles88 what you describe is a conditional offer. Perhaps it will be made availalbe in a later release of the TWS but for now, you can write a macro or use one supplied by IB in the macro library that is being built.

#33     Dec 15, 2001
  4. Grabbit

Grabbit

Since my last TWS update I am having problems with my desktop background. It does not load and I can't get it back. Also, my folders look a lot simpler, the blue background color in the top left corner (W98) is missing. A few days ago I had this too, but a reboot (two actually) did the trick then, now I can't get it right anymore.

Anybody else have this too or is TWS not the cause of this?

#34     Dec 16, 2001
  5. bennyo

bennyo Guest

Vikana wrote :
    >>> I simply cannot make the Excel integration work with the demo account.
    >>> It used to work just fine. It wants an account number: I've tried S0000 as indicated, edemo etc.

The account number for the demo changes every time you start the TWS, you can lookup the current account number for the demo version in the "Order" popup form. It's usually a number between 0 and 50.

Greetings
    Benny,

#35     Dec 16, 2001
  6. Can you buy bullets with the IB system. Also how would one campare the IB system to the Rediplus system.

#36     Dec 16, 2001
  7. Pabst

Pabst

Has IB officially implemented reduced daytrading margins on futures yet?

#37     Dec 17, 2001
  8. def

def Sponsor

it is currently being rolled out to select customers. i believe the aim is to expand the offer for most accounts.

#38     Dec 17, 2001
  9. Hi Folks,

Another way to make suggestions to IB is through the "Talk to IB Management" link on their home page. This will allow you to send an email to ibmgmt@interactivebrokers.com

-- SP

#39     Dec 17, 2001
  10. ib has been INCREDIBLY fast during last times. i cannot say exactly, but island cancels take (my estimate) 0.1 secs, order routing is nearly as qick. GREAT WORK IB.
    maybe it is the result of data compression ?

#40     Dec 17, 2001
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.