IB Improvements (Part 2)

Discussion in 'Interactive Brokers' started by mjt, Dec 4, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. is there any new info on when multi currency for futures (or stocks + futures) will be rolled out?

Thanks

#21     Dec 13, 2001
  2. def

def Sponsor

i keep hearing two weeks but to be honest it has been a rolling two weeks for the past month.

I'll give you a heads up though, it looks like IB is going to succumb to pressure and offer day trading margin for futures. (ETA - maybe tomorrow). The deal will be 50% margin which will move to 100% margin 5 minutes before the close.

#22     Dec 13, 2001
  3. brich

brich

Def,

Does it mean IB will have 50% daytrading margin rate for eSP and eNQ ?

#23     Dec 13, 2001
  4. Positive development to IB's recent "Continual Enhancement".
    I like this responsive, evolutionary approach.

Now we have the daytrading margin rate for futures. Hope by end of this year, the "rolling two weeks" will come to an end and a SPAN-style multi-currency futures and options on futures account be fully rolled out. Next step is the addition to this account US equity/index options, an all-in-one "derivatives" account. Though not much in my own interest, the addition of US equities is welcome, an all-in-one account, if non of the limitations regarding stocks trading is introduced, too. And a further step, the inclusion of Korea's Kospi 200 futures/options. Wish IB pay more effort to establish itself as world's top self-directed, electronic derivatives trading platform. Derivatives-biased? Yes, I am. And I think derivatives-bias is also to IB's benefit and competence. From S&P's rating I found IB is actively involved in options trading, its proprietary trading business.

Oh, the last but certainly not the least. Don't anybody suggest IB to lower the US equity/index options commission rate? Space/time limits my going any further but I do think $1.25/contract is more reasonable and attractive. Maybe come with some requirement and/or incremental schedule.

#24     Dec 13, 2001
  5. gyark

gyark

I just downloaded and installed the latest ddedll.dll from IB. Now my spreadsheets no longer work. They worked great before. Anyone else having the same problem?

#25     Dec 13, 2001
  6. I think you're only supposed to download the DLL if you use the web version (of TWS), but not the installed version.

#26     Dec 13, 2001
  7. krdudzik

krdudzik

What is the web address for IB?

#27     Dec 14, 2001
  8. def

def Sponsor

brich, the answer is yes. you just need to beware that margin will go to 100% 5 minutes before the close.

as for the dll, correct - the new one was for the browser. Usually the downloadable releases follow a day or two after the release of the browser based.

#28     Dec 14, 2001
  9. In one of the other posts somewhere here - someone said that the new DLL needed the new tws excel file.

That fixed it here.

#29     Dec 14, 2001
  10. I guess I must be particularly dense today. I simply cannot make the Excel integration work with the demo account. It used to work just fine. I've downloaded the latest ddedll.dll and tws.xls, and rebooted.

It wants an account number: I've tried S0000 as indicated, edemo etc. I simply will not connect (requests account number)

Any suggestions would be appreciated !

#30     Dec 14, 2001
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.