IB Improvements (Part 2)

Discussion in 'Interactive Brokers' started by mjt, Dec 4, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jwcrim

jwcrim

The ActiveX ocx has a new (to me) method "reqOpenOrders" and its events "OpenOrders1" and "OpenOrders2". The VBA ActiveX Excel Workbook (dated 2/20/2002) uses it in sheet3 (Open Orders).

I tried it on two computers using the VBA Excel Workbook supplied and also tried using it in my vb6 ActiveX app. but without success. Anyone else look at this?

#241     Feb 26, 2002
  2. jwcrim

jwcrim

It works if it is requested right after connection but before anything else is requested. It also works during a session if you disconnect/reconnect first.

But on the version I downloaded 2/25, the event "TWS_openOrder1(...)" contains the parameter "currency" which VB6 objects to. It should be changed to "curency" or something else.

#242     Feb 28, 2002
  3. sail

sail

Dear def:
    I was thrilled to see that loc and moc (nyse and amex) orders have been added to latest version of TWS. IB really listens to its customers and makes constant improvements.
    That said, I tried using the loc order type and this seems to blank the limit price field. Still needs some work.
    Again thanks for listening.

#243     Feb 28, 2002
  4. just21

just21

I cannot see the loc and moc nyse orders on 754.2 that I downloaded today. What version do you need for this? Also I am seeing bids and offers on qcharts level 2 from nasd and chgo but I don't see these on tws even when I have all exchanges listed for nyse stocks.

#244     Mar 1, 2002
  5. agent99

agent99

I downloaded the new stand alone version 754.2 this morning. Quotes all day were screwed up. BEST was off all day. Incorrect bids and offers showed up for virtually every stock for all of the individual routes making the software virtually unusable. Early in the day some bid/offer volumes even showed up as negative numbers. Seems like either this release has some major bug problems or the feeds do.

#245     Mar 1, 2002
  6. i had identical problems with 753.6 today (ask > bid, ask size negative, stale "last" etc.). So it's probably not the fault of the new release.

Haven't been able to even find the new onOpen and onClose orders in the new version. Release notes seems incorrect

#246     Mar 1, 2002
  7. H2O

H2O

Hi,

Orders do work but read the TWS release notes.

Data line must be created to quotes from AMEX or NYSE. Other will NOT work.
    Then select MOC and LOC from order type / MOO and LOO from duration.

Quotes not received correct either (Is release bug)

#247     Mar 1, 2002
  8. Htrader

Htrader Guest

Now that IB has added MOO orders, its time for them to also add opening indications for NYSE stocks. Maybe they could have the indications show up as a special color in only the NYSE dataline and not be included in the BEST quote so as to not confuse anyone.

#248     Mar 1, 2002
  9. agent99

agent99

Is there a link on the IB site to download the 2/15/02 build 753? I'd like to go back to that one for Monday morning since it seems like 754 is way too buggy to be useful. If IB doesn't have links for past releases, given my experiences with the latest build, I think it would be useful to have a page on IB's site where past builds are available for download.

There are several builds posted to the IB Yahoo thread, but the last one is 752.6.

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/ibusers/files/

Thanks,

#249     Mar 2, 2002
  10. nitro

nitro

Agreed.

But what about _THE_ one thing that props still have over IB:

1) Fast and cheap access to Bullets
    2) Fast and cheap access to Conversions

The way IB is going, I have to believe this is in the works.

nitro

#250     Mar 2, 2002
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.