IB Improvements (Part 2)

Discussion in 'Interactive Brokers' started by mjt, Dec 4, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nice improvement in the latest release, being able to have different default share sizes for different stocks.

#231     Feb 18, 2002
  2. cocinero2

cocinero2

Dear Friends; Please help me understand how to profitably use IBs relative order, which I read is a limit order with an offset amount or relative increment , and is dynamically derived(per IB) or I take to mean is automatically adjusting. Questions: Can IBs relative order be used as a dynamically self adjusting leading( as opposed to trailing) profit taking exit limit order, so that the profit taking exit limit price is always the offset amount away from the market quote??? Can IBs relative order be used as a dynamically self adjusting limit order to enter into a position, so that the specified limit price to enter is always the offset amount away from the market quote??? Can the offset amount be a negative figure as well as a positive figure???:)

#232     Feb 18, 2002
  3. agent99

agent99

I agree that the new ability to set default sizes for individual securities is awesome. Is there a limit for how many securities we can do this for? There is no mention in the release notes.

Actually, I'd love to see IB go a little further with this (we always want more, don't we? ;) ) and allow us to set default sizes based on share price levels. For example, all stocks < $2, 5000 shares, $2-5 3000 shares, etc. Then it would be even more flexible.

Thanks for a great change,

#233     Feb 18, 2002
  4. alanm

alanm

Does anyone have the upgrade exe for v752.6, who can make it available to me? This is the release immediately preceeding the latest one. It was probably posted around 2002/02/08.

I upgraded to 753.5 and now need to roll back. Unfortunately, in my backup before the upgrade, I forgot to backup the \WINNT\dde.dll file (at least). Even just that file from someone that is still running 752.6 would be very helpful.

I can be emailed at "alanm <at> linkline.com".

Thanks in advance.

#234     Feb 18, 2002
  5. Def,
    I have a suggestion for the next IB customer poll.
    See how many users are tired of removing the
    tws toolbar every time they start the program. :)

Keeping that bar up must be a religion at IB, considering
    how long this simple request has been ignored.

BTW I do appreciate all your assistance, you're doing
    a great job.

#235     Feb 18, 2002
  6. def

def Sponsor

relative order: I think the most benefit that comes from a relative orders is for basket trading. i.e. submit a basket and use the relative order to make sure you complete your basket within your parameters.

alanm, I'll get you one.

toolbar - AGHHHHHH! This is one area where I am either talking to a wall or haven't found the right person. Give me time.

#236     Feb 18, 2002
  7. PXG

PXG

Sorry, if this is a little bit off topic, but didn't want to start a new thread for this.
    I was wondering if you knew what was happening with IB's customer service, and why they don't answer e-mails?
    I sent two e-mails on Feb. 7 to IB's customer service. Since they didn't reply, I made a follow up call about one week later. I was told to write again, and direct the e-mail to a specific person at IB. It's been another week, still no answer...
    Thanks.

#237     Feb 20, 2002
  8. jessieyz

jessieyz

hi, all,

i've just figured out how to integrate excel to work with ib. however i need to enter lots of limit orders each day from excel to IB. is there any way i can place all the orders all together instead of clicking the 'place order' button for each order one by one? thanks!

#238     Feb 20, 2002
  9. def

def Sponsor

FYI, many have been asking me in the next release (it is on beta now vs. 754) ....

New order types added for NYSE and AMEX equities
    Support for Market-on-Open (MOO), Limit-on-Open (LOO), Market-on-Close (MOC) and Limit-on-Close (LOC) order types has been added to TWS for equities traded on NYSE and AMEX

There is also support for mouse click shortcuts and some other stuff.

Stand alone version should be ready Thursday or Friday.

#239     Feb 26, 2002
  10. nitro

nitro

Yeeeh -

Oh, allright, I'll shutup.

nitro:D

#240     Feb 26, 2002
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.