IB Improvements (Part 2)

Discussion in 'Interactive Brokers' started by mjt, Dec 4, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. alanm

alanm

Did anyone get a solution to this today? I really wanted to do some development this weekend.

#201     Feb 8, 2002
  2. I know that there ARE nic related problems using IB. Use a real nic - Intel or 3com.

#202     Feb 8, 2002
  3. I haven't heard of any solution. I don't use the web-based tws.

I downloaded the latest installed version today, which is "752.6, 2002/01/31 15:00". It is the latest one I can download, but I also get this error.

#203     Feb 8, 2002
  4. Wonderduck, I use a Linksys (albeit a slightly older model) with ZERO problems, with IB or anyone else.

The only thing 'real ' about 3-com is you pay a real 3 times or more in price.

#204     Feb 9, 2002
  5. *shrug* okay. :) I've never had problems myself, but friends of mine have.

#205     Feb 9, 2002
  6. Merkur

Merkur

@Def, some suggestions:

1. Would be fine to add a hotkey for changing the stop and not only the limit of a stop limit order. With the "Price up", "Price down" hotkeys you are only able to change the limit of a stop limit order.

2. http://www.elitetrader.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&postid=41244#post41244

3. Want to repeat something that Dave wrote some days ago, and that is very disturbing in my trading too:

"There's another nasty bug that goes along with this one. When multiple order lines are created from the same
    market data line then those orders are resorted in descending order of their limit price whenever one of them is
    transmitted. This not only leads to confusion due to them jumping around on screen but also causes the
    transmitted order to lose row focus thus disabling further hotkey manipulation of that order. The row focus
    remains at the old screen position and subsequent use of hotkeys does not change the order that was moved to
    that screen position due to the sorting but instead enters the corresponding keyboard characters into the limit
    price field (this may be page layout dependent). At least it's not possible to inadvertently change and transmit
    the wrong order this way when operating blindly. However, TWS can lock up for several seconds or even
    completely when this happens. "

Thank you for your support, Def. It's fine and a great help to have at least one competent contact person at IB.

Merkur

#206     Feb 10, 2002
  7. cocinero2

cocinero2

Please I humbly ask each of you to send an email to IB management and ask them to please program the following repairs or features into the IB system::: 1... Program a position column in the pending page, so that we can manage orders on stocks in which we have no position and can manage orders on stocks in which we have a position from the pending page and so that we will not accidentally delete stop orders on a stock in which we have a position not realizing we have a position in the stock because now the position is not displayed on the pending page. 2..... Program a Profit and Loss column that shows the average per share Profit and Loss for the position , regardless of entry date and regardless of whether entered and exited in increments. 3..... Prgram the capability of printing out the pending page, so that we can print a paper copy of all our pending orders.. 4.....Program it so that all the pending orders for a stock automatcally display when that stock or ticker is added onto a trading page (such as your positions page), so that we do not have to log off and log back on in order to get the pending orders to display for that stock. Thanks for any comments or feed back you give to me about the above contents. Dan Cook:) :)

#207     Feb 10, 2002
  8. DEM

DEM

Is there any solution to that "127.0.0.1" - problem?

Thx

DEM

#208     Feb 11, 2002
  9. def

def Sponsor

i sent the mail over the weekend but given it is only Monday AM in the US, give me another day.

BTW, on the multi-DDE orders being sent, the one thing in common seems to be that the ones complaining all are using excel 97. Has anyone had this problem using excel 2000?

#209     Feb 11, 2002
  10. Merkur

Merkur

No, using Excel XP, a friend of mine too. Problem persists.

#210     Feb 11, 2002
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.