IB Improvements (Part 2)

Discussion in 'Interactive Brokers' started by mjt, Dec 4, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Brutus

Brutus

IB released a new build of TWS today. It appears you can write a C++ application and connect to TWS using sockets now.

#191     Feb 7, 2002
  2. gu6526

gu6526

With the new build 752.6 the Excel integration runs just fine.
    I will dig into the socket stuff. A java bean should now be
    easy to write. :)

Thanks IB

#192     Feb 7, 2002
  3. dozu888

dozu888

Couldn't find any documentation for the ActiveX. I suppose the release is not official yet ??

#193     Feb 7, 2002
  4. DEM

DEM

I gave the TwsActiveX excel sheet a try:

The TWS says: Cannot accept connection request from host 127.0.0.1/127.0.0.1

The Excel sheet says:The TWS is out of date and must be upgraded.
    :mad:

DEM

#194     Feb 7, 2002
  5. just21

just21

What is the difference between initial and maintenance nargin?

thanks

#195     Feb 7, 2002
  6. def

def Sponsor

FYI, activeX was released as well as winsockets today for the downloadable version.

margin: Initial margin is what is required before you can enter a position. Maintenance margin is the amount of collatoral in your account must have in the account before it is liquidated.

ie. say margin is 10K and maint marg is 6K.

you will need 10K to enter the positiion but could lose 4K before adding more cash or getting liquidated.

#196     Feb 7, 2002
  7. agent99

agent99

I was all psyched to see that there were new "Buy Default" / "Sell Default" hot key options, which i figured would give us the ability to specify buying at the bid and selling at the offer. Now that I've installed the new TWS i see that's not how those hot keys work.

Any chance of getting 'Buy at Bid', 'Sell at offer' hot keys?

#197     Feb 7, 2002
  8. dozu888

dozu888

Finally is here, GREAT move IB !!

Lots stuff to go over, but looks like the socket code is quite straight forward, really don't need any documentation.

This is gonna be fun :D :D :D

#198     Feb 7, 2002
  9. Rosso

Rosso

I got exactly the same problem as DEM using the Excel ActiveX. My error message :

The TWS says: Cannot accept connection request from host quote.tdc.com/127.0.0.1

The Excel sheet says:The TWS is out of date and must be upgraded.

My first thought was Webwasher was interacting in some way, as 127.0.0.1 is the Webwasher proxy, but uninstalling both Webwasher and TWS didn't help after a reboot and a new install of TWS.

Who can help?

#199     Feb 8, 2002
  10. I get the same error message with the activex and talked to tech support about it. They were unaware of the problem and said they would investigate. No timetable given.

127.0.0.1 is the IP address for the local machine that's why you may see multiple programs using it. It is used for interprocess communication.

#200     Feb 8, 2002
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.