IB Improvements (Part 2)

Discussion in 'Interactive Brokers' started by mjt, Dec 4, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I'd find a stop order, which upon activation executes a relative order, very helpful.

Thanks.

-- Punter

#11     Dec 6, 2001
  2. Josh_B

Josh_B

Can you please include:

a. Hot key to cancel ALL orders instead of just highlighting each one individually and hit cancel hot key. I think the 3.0 version (missed it a lot) had that feature.

b. Cancel field to be included when a new order line appears but not transmitted yet. Now the cancel field appears only when an order is transmitted. (the 3.0 version had that also).

c. For listed stocks, open only orders and MOC orders will be a great addition

Thank you for your consideration

Josh

#12     Dec 6, 2001
  3. If someone has a chance can you explain some of the benefits of excel dde capability. I realize excel cells can be programmed to calculate various factors, but I don't know much about it.

Thanx

#13     Dec 6, 2001
  4. I would find it helpful if we had an Market on Closer order type -- ie, a market order executed right at the close.

Thanks.

-- Punter

#14     Dec 11, 2001
  5. I would also like smaller, text only icons.

The new icons are bigger and hence take up more space in the TWS window. I need to either have the icons covered up, or make the TWS window wider to fit everything in.

Thanks.

-- Punter

#15     Dec 11, 2001
  6. If we have a group of OCA orders under the same group name, it'd be nice if we could cancel just one order manually without all the orders being cancellec at the same time.

For example, say I have a sell limit and a sell stop in on the same OCA group. If I change my mind about the sell limit and wish to cancel it, there's no way to do it without cancelling the sell stop as well.

Thanks.

-- Punter

#16     Dec 11, 2001
  7. rsaegar

rsaegar

I also find this toolbar a waste of valuable space. Since I trade using a single 19 inch monitor, I was happy to find the workaround on the Java TWS. Using the "handle" on the left side of the toolbar, just drag the whole thing off---then it can be minimized thus banishing it to the taskbar. I really need that extra inch of space and don't miss the icon toolbar at all.

RS

#17     Dec 11, 2001
  8. Turok

Turok

>Using the "handle" on the left side of the toolbar,
    >just drag the whole thing off

Jeeezzzzz!! I've previously suggested a removable toolbar -- now I feel like a dunce. Don't know when they added it, but THANKS for pointing it out.

EXCELLENT!

JB

#18     Dec 11, 2001
  9. The removable bar is nice, but I actually do like the icons. I liked the old one letter icons much better.

#19     Dec 11, 2001
  10. Grabbit

Grabbit

When I remove the toolbar, will I still get the flickering System Status alarm? (I don't suppose so.)

#20     Dec 12, 2001
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.