IB Improvements (Part 2)

Discussion in 'Interactive Brokers' started by mjt, Dec 4, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mjt

mjt

The last thread was getting pretty lengthy. All new suggestions please post here.

2. I believe that Def said that hotkeys would work with stop orders but I still don't see this working.

Thanks

3. Turok

Turok

>I believe that Def said that hotkeys would work
    >with stop orders but I still don't see this working.

Would you mind being a bit more specific about the hotkey behavior you are looking for? I use a hotkey to bring up the ticket window where I enter my stop orders, but with the need to enter election and limit prices, there is really no practical way to simply enter a stop flavor order though the use of a single hotkey.

JB

4. Oh sorry, to clarify I would like to change the price of a stop order with hotkeys just like you can with a limit order. This is not a stop-limit order so there is only one price.

5. wow.. i just downloaded the new upgrade.. those icons just keep getting bigger and bigger.. if the old icons made it look to much like a dos program, the larger ones make it look like a tonka toy..

-qwik

6. Nice. Looks like I may have to put my programming hat back on. (ouch)

IB is certainly providing value added to the platform.

7. This new feature is great, but is it possible to have data from different accounts in the one spreadsheet? I put some globex prices in, but when I tried to add some eurex ones the tws gave an error message 'security not available for this account'. I have two instances of TWS running, one for us futures and the other for euro futures.

It seems the DDE is going to the first instance of TWS running (ie us futures a/c). Is it possible to manually elect which TWS to link with?

Thanks.

P.S. Any chance of allowing us to select a 'classic mode' where those big icons are replaced with the old style ones. These new ones take up too much space.

8. def

def Sponsor

not sure about the first question but given the logic that would be involved (knowing which TWS to route through) it doesn't sound surprising. i think this will become a less of an issue with full implementation of multi-currency accounts (sorry, don't have a time frame but I think it is coming fast).

as for the icons, i believe the next release will revert to the original ones.

9. tradewiz

tradewiz

Hi, Def

Since we are now pay for the data in TWS, can we expect more data coverage besides stocks and a limited number of index? I'd really like to see some breadth data like NYSE Advancing and Decline issues. many thanks

cheers

Jason

10. "as for the icons, i believe the next release will revert to the original ones."

But def, I've got accustomed to and increasingly like the new icons. Icons on build 742.2 are both fancy and intuitive.

#10     Dec 6, 2001
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.