IB IdealPro Commissions

Discussion in 'Forex Brokers' started by pipscooper, Jul 9, 2005.

1. taboni

taboni

1-2 pips is normal interbank spread

#21     Aug 19, 2005
  2. Remiraz

Remiraz

if 1-2 is the normal spread and IB IdealPro is 1-2 spread for the Euro. how do their liquidity provider earn??

#22     Aug 19, 2005
  3. taboni

taboni

By taking positions. Do you really think they are going to square every little position given to them considering the crap amounts retail traders do? If it were me in that seat I wouldn't worry until my position built up to 5 or 10 mio before thinking of trading out of it. Remember their pockets are alot deeper than yours and in the end of the day most retail traders are wrong.

#23     Aug 19, 2005
  4. TGM

TGM

They are working on some stuff for Idealpro---so that we an see each trade/position. Break the trades and treat them like TWS treats all the other trades. Hopefully kinda like Oanda or something. If you have multiple positions on it is kinda a pain ---not impossible but not as simple as it could be. They are working on something for us. I dont know when it is coming. That is the main complaint everyone has. It is the only compaint I have. The spreads are great IMO. I could care less about a little commission. I like the ECN idea. Very competitive--esp. with the crosses.

#24     Aug 19, 2005
  5. TGM

TGM

What most folks do not realise is that groups like UBS go out a few decimal points more than the average trader when it comes to how tight their desk spreads are. I don't know if that explains it correctly. So let me put it like this. They are still selling retail. There wholesale rate on those spreads is tighter.

#25     Aug 19, 2005
  6. Remiraz

Remiraz

whats tighter than 1 pip spread? :confused:

unless u mean they do market maker style...buy the bid sell the ask.

#26     Aug 20, 2005
  7. TGM

TGM

less than a pip ---a quarter pip or a half pip ---10th of a pip. We need a dealer on here to talk. Citibank goes wholesale. Like I said if you add a decimal place ---you can go even lower. Just depends. They are becoming more competitive all the time. UBS keeps on tight market. They are not doing that for free obviously. For Aud/jpy and Aud/usd----I have seen that spot on. But what we don't see is there market---which is tighter yet or like I said an extra decimal point.

#27     Aug 20, 2005
  8. Remiraz

Remiraz

0.5 pip spread. is that the future of FX?

whats the requirement to get on reuters? :D

#28     Aug 20, 2005
  9. Trent

Trent

????

Trent

#29     Aug 20, 2005
  10. TGM

TGM

it is all so computerized and all they are doing is matching and making spreads. it will get tighter. dont know how much. they are all rolling in dough. nobody does anything for free

#30     Aug 20, 2005