IB IdealPro Commissions

Discussion in 'Forex Brokers' started by pipscooper, Jul 9, 2005.

1. Remiraz

Remiraz

ES, I meant to thank SteveIB for replying to my post and not yours. :D

This one here:

I casually asked a dumb (i think) question about changing their comms structure, didn't think they would take the time to reply. Usually with other brokers they'll just put me on ignore. :eek:

#11     Jul 22, 2005
  2. ooops..foolish me again...man i was defensive that day...got to go back in my personal trade journal (blog) and see why...lol

Good trading to you Remiraz :)

#12     Jul 22, 2005
  3. Steve_IB:

What about reduced rates for high volume IdealPro forex traders like you have on the unbundled commission schedule? If I had more of an incentive to do so I would ramp up my IB forex volume significantly.

#13     Jul 28, 2005
  4. Steve_IB

Steve_IB Interactive Brokers

We don't have any plans to do that at the moment. I think our commission rate and spreads are extremely competitive. The commission is only 0.2 pips, and spreads in Eur/Usd are usually 1 pip.

#14     Jul 28, 2005
  5. Steve,

Thanks for your comments. I agree that the commission rate is competitive. I'm just trying to help IB forex be more competitive. :D

Something like 50-100 million monthly volume should get you down to .12 or .15 on additional amounts IMO. Thanks for your consideration.

Also, since I have to keep this Universal Account window open while I trade so I can see my position, could you add in either a column or a line on this window that totals up commissions paid so it is easier to see where I am at, particularly with Forex commissions being variable on price?

Thanks,

#15     Aug 10, 2005
  6. taboni

taboni

I think IB's commission is more than competitive and in all reality if I were the one asking for a volume discount, I would expect to be turning over more like 400-500 mio per month. When I was an interbank trader I used to tell people that complained about my 2 pip spread in a 50 mio quote that its not a charity here people. The same applies here.

#16     Aug 11, 2005
  7. Thanks for your feedback. Maybe in a few months I will be trading at that level. Good trading to you.

#17     Aug 11, 2005
  8. IB:

I noticed I received +/- interest accruals on my August 16th statement. Is this something new, a mid-month thing or have I just not been paying attention?

#18     Aug 17, 2005
  9. Steve_IB

Steve_IB Interactive Brokers

It was implemented quite recently. You can see an explanation on our website under Accounts >> Statements & Reports

#19     Aug 18, 2005
  10. Remiraz

Remiraz

what are the spread like for EUR in the interbank?

#20     Aug 19, 2005