IB IDEAL and Forex

Discussion in 'Forex' started by North Pesos, Jul 22, 2003.

1. Does anyone know if IB plan to offer true Forex trading in the future?

I have listen that IB plan to offer option on currency, does someone have more information on this topic?

Also, it is possible to put stop on the IB IDEAL system for to protect again a reverse trend?

Thx

2. about 6 mo's ago there was a customer poll...
    and there was an option for FX trading in it.
    however, I did not hear anything of it since then.

I doubt they will introduce it, since it would probably
    be a major release. The dealing system is there, IDEAL,
    but maybe they probably would need another clearing system.

3. Steve_IB

Steve_IB Interactive Brokers

No immediate plans.
    Our IDEAL is primarily offered to facilitate cross-border trading - thus, clients can avoid the outrageous spreads offered by their local bank on a FX transaction.

For clients that wish to trade FX - we offer the FX futures which are a more efficient trading product if you are trading one of the major currencies - liquid, regulated and 1 to 3 pip spreads.

4. Is it possible to extend trading hours for IDEAL to like round the clock at least, so those of us who cant make exchanges from 9AM - 5PM EST can do so withoug having to take a day off work.

:D

5. Thx Steve IB for your comments.

1) As estrader mention, I have a similar comment about hours, it should be possible to trade 24hr with IDEAL and

2) Also asuggestion, why not to put stop on IDEAL, you have stop limit on many other instruments, it could be simple to do this addition for a better protection again reverse trend when we are not there.

Thx

6. Steve_IB

Steve_IB Interactive Brokers

I'm not too sure why its not 24 hours. I'll suggest it, especially as we're about to launch Japanese futures which trade outside US hours and will involve Yen transactions.

7. With IDEAL FX futures, you're playing with a minimum $100,000 correct? It would definitely be a great feature for IB to have true forex trading, since you can choose the amount you want to trade.