IB: I just have enough of this. Orders not execute again!!

Discussion in 'Interactive Brokers' started by thecalip, Oct 26, 2007.

1. traderkr

traderkr

Well, IB upgraded a new version of TWS and after hours trading was disabled in the new upgrade. You had to re-enable this setting. They did it without any notice, as usual. I can't understand why did they do that. Looks like a software bug, sorry, feature. :confused:

#11     Oct 27, 2007
  2. That happens to be all the time on stocks. The price trades through my buy stop and then comes back through the limit, never fills and the order never turns green. Just stays dark blue.

John

#12     Oct 27, 2007
  3. Tums

Tums

This is called the "One Pip Sulk".

It is the same as "One Tick Sulk".

#13     Oct 27, 2007
  4. JackR

JackR

This was in the Release Notes for the version now downloading if you respond to the update message:

New Outside RTH Order Attribute

A new order attribute, Allow this order to be triggered or filled outside of regular trading hours, combines the functionality of the two trigger/fill instructions, RTHOnly and ignoreRTH. This new attribute is unchecked by default. If unchecked, orders will only fill/trigger during regular hours. In addition, this checkbox will display at the bottom of the time-in-force dropdown list on the trading window, when valid.

I guess we could do a suggestion to IB to send an email with a link to the Release Notes on their web site whenever they do a new release.

If you happen to download it today, Saturday, remember to update when you next open TWS, as you cannot do it today or Sunday morning.

Jack

#14     Oct 27, 2007
  5. traderkr

traderkr

Sometimes they have new releases a couple times per day. I think it might be much better if we suggest to IB to hire the professional development & QA team and introduce the common approach for software releases.
    It shouldn't be more than one release per month and this release has to be bugs free, because it has to be widely tested. And I don't want to hear about "there is no such thing as bugs free software" - I have been more than 20 years in the industry, and I'd say - the bugs that IB introduces with every new release are absolutely unacceptable and they could be momentarily filtered out if the software would pass some QA test before going to customer. However, it is absolutely clear that they deliver software directly after build and it looks like they don't run it at least once before making it available (indeed forcing customers to use it).

#15     Oct 27, 2007