Ib Hsi Margin

Discussion in 'Interactive Brokers' started by joesan, Aug 23, 2007.

1. No I didn't enjoy it (although I laughed at myself as I typed this).

I actually stopped trading HSI last week after taking a beating and realizing the volatility meant my rules didn't work. Just now easing back into it as the volatility (spreads) decline.

MHI is not approved for trading by US regulators ... so its ok for rest of world but you guys need your hands held. :D

Try SPI, STW and perhaps SGXNK as alternatives during the same hours.

#21     Aug 27, 2007
  2. gangof4

gangof4

thank goodness i have my govt. protecting me from lessening my risk :confused: as inexplicable as not being able to trade Korea. do you know if these rules are based upon physical location of the trader, citizenship, or where you lived when the acct. was opened? ie: wondering if i can trade these instruments when i am abroad?

i do trade the STW and SGXNK some- i still think i'd like the HK market if i just had access to the MHI so that when my strategy calls for adding to a position, i'm not a heartbeat away from a $10m down day- check that, 10 minutes.

#22     Aug 27, 2007
  3. def

def Sponsor

here's a list of markets rec'ing no action letters from the CFTC. The foreign exchange must apply for relief. FYI, Korea has recently applied and perhaps will receive approval next quarter.

http://services.cftc.gov/SIRT/SIRT....on+Letter+Issued&CustomColumnDisplay=TTTTTTTT

#23     Aug 27, 2007
  4. gangof4

gangof4

#24     Aug 27, 2007
  5. def

def Sponsor

specifically the KSX is requesting for the approval of the K200 F&O. If approved, yes the contract will be made available to US residents.

#25     Aug 27, 2007