Ib Hsi Margin

Discussion in 'Interactive Brokers' started by joesan, Aug 23, 2007.

1. KK70

KK70

Off-topic here [and my apologies for the same].

def, does IB have plans to offer Nifty futures from the National Stock Exchange, India? If so, when?

Thanks!

#11     Aug 24, 2007
  2. inPeace

inPeace

Thanks for your reply, def.
    some other international brokers i've been with provide major market info on the traded products including margin change. they also provide thousands of products. so i cant agree with your company's arguement but i'm also not going further on this topic.

i just hope IB will at least give us formal notification when she changes the INTERNAL margin requirement.

#12     Aug 24, 2007
  3. inPeace

inPeace

your point is very very very important.
    i have only learned to truly understand this survival rule recently. thanks for your reminder :)

but you also missed my point: sudden rise of margin is valuable market message. it's often followed by a major attack from bear/bull. it's a crisis, or opportunity.

#13     Aug 24, 2007
  4. def

def Sponsor

yes, but I can't be specific on a time frame.

#14     Aug 24, 2007
  5. def

def Sponsor

We post the margins on the site and better yet offer instant margin via the check margin feature. I also think an email and/or bulletin went out with the policy change. Nevertheless, when we revert to the original policy and/or change the current policy I'll do what I can to make sure a bulletin goes out when I hear about it.

as for sending out a bulletin when the exchange changes margin, that's not going to happen. The process is automated on our side and given the thousands of products we trade, it is simply impractical.

#15     Aug 24, 2007
  6. inPeace

inPeace

Thanks, def :) looking forward to the good news.

#16     Aug 24, 2007
  7. joesan

joesan

Nifty looks to be a great instrument, look forward to its debut in TWS.

#17     Aug 24, 2007
  8. Def's right ... there was a message (think it was a bulletin) when the margins went into protective mode.

#18     Aug 24, 2007
  9. Tums

Tums

Agreed.

To the prudent LT survivors, it is always an opportunity. Hehe... at the expense of the surprised noobs.

#19     Aug 24, 2007
  10. gangof4

gangof4

after basically blowing up over the previous 6 trading days (kiwi will enjoy that news), i thought to trade the MHI today to get some much needed confidence back. i was surprised to learn that i (ie: US based) can't trade it- at least not thru IB. i don't quite understand why- Def (or anyone) know?

#20     Aug 27, 2007