IB HSI futures position data was incorrect- now i'm screwed. any recourse?

Discussion in 'Data Sets and Feeds' started by gangof4, Mar 6, 2008.

1. gangof4

gangof4

this will be my last response to you- this is beyond pointless.

you're pretty fucking smug and i am quite sure you don't have a fraction of my experience. i have made a living solely from the markets since the 80's, sport. i have done so as an investor with some trading, managing OPM, private capital and with LEAPs position trading. i am weary of investing and have always wanted to trade. at this point, i want to be flat at the end of each day, except for long term positions, and not be tied to the market or subject to geopolitical events. i enjoy options but decided against and settled on futures. hence my start date trading futures.

the way you draw conclusions, i doubt you're a good trader. seems you enter every conversation with you biases and preconceived notions- seems like a recipe for disaster trading. that and internet courage spawned smug arrogance- smug 'i'm always right' arrogance goes so well with trading success.

#71     Mar 7, 2008
  2. joesan

joesan

Come on guys, it is natural for gangof4 to vent after a relentless day. We all had the experience. Show some sympathy , you may need it one day later. And what's more, learn lessons together with the original poster. What else you expect from coming to this forum ?

#72     Mar 7, 2008
  3. TGM

TGM

I agree. Although, I think it has more to do with the exchange than IB. HKFE can be shaky from time to time. Their software is not globex.

Over the years, I have seen many traders do things---some stupid and some just in the learning phase and then there are just those days when shite just happens.

let the guy blow off some steam.

FWIW, I don't use buttontrader---I like it it but I need a conventional dome like booktrader or TT----so I use Zerolinetrader and for only 89 bucks a year it does everything I need. Just my 2cents----I think it is free for 30 days. I have used it for 3 years with an IB account and no problems. Any problems or suggestions I have had ---the programmer takes care of. I also have a few aquaintances that use Buttontrader with no problems and have used them for quite a while.

#73     Mar 7, 2008
  4. Yeah, good.

I don't care what your story is ... sport.

With your atttitude good luck getting anything from anyone.

This thread is the definition of LOSER

Bye

#74     Mar 7, 2008