IB Hong Kong based accounts transferred to newly formed IB HK

Discussion in 'Interactive Brokers' started by luisHK, Nov 20, 2015.

1. On September 15, 2008, Lehman Brothers filed for bankruptcy. With $639 billion in assets and $619 billion in debt, Lehman's bankruptcy filing was the largest in history, as its assets far surpassed those of previous bankrupt giants such as WorldCom and Enron.

IB is nothing comparing to what Lehman Bothers used to be.

#21     Dec 29, 2015
  2. If this guy h8es & fears IB so much, why doesn't he just close his account? What am I missing?

#22     Dec 29, 2015
    IBRex&me user likes this.
  3. It is human nature to feel fear when all non HK investments suddenly have zero protection. All these non HK investments will just become zero $$$ if IB HK just melt down.

#23     Dec 29, 2015
  4. You didn't answer the question.

#24     Dec 29, 2015
  5. IB hasn't show any evidence that it is HK SFC forces/suggests them to move all HK clients accounts to IB HK.

#25     Dec 29, 2015
  6. You still didn't answer the question.

#26     Dec 29, 2015
  7. Why do I need to answer your question when IB hasn't show any evidence that it is HK SFC forces/suggests them to move all HK clients accounts to IB HK. You ask IB to answer it first.

#27     Dec 29, 2015
  8. I'm sure everyone on this and your other similar thread(s) wonders why you're still doing business with a firm you believe is bamboozling you.

#28     Dec 29, 2015
  9. I haven't made a decision yet because I have no answer of this question:
    IB hasn't show any evidence that it is HK SFC forces/suggests them to move all HK clients accounts to IB HK.

If IB can prove HK SFC really did force/suggest them to move all HK clients to HK IB, then ok fine IB should be fine as usual just SFC BS then alright. If HK SFC actually didn't say anything then....you know

#29     Dec 29, 2015
  10. You already have the "answer of this question" directly from an IB rep. If you require further "proof" you evidently don't believe or trust them, which again makes me wonder why you're continuing to do business.

#30     Dec 29, 2015