ib help

Discussion in 'Forex Brokers' started by gwac, Apr 19, 2006.

1. gwac

gwac

I am trying to set up my IW again and I cannot get
    OCA in the layout, I go to page/ layout and it is not
    one of the fields. Any idea where it is?

Thanks

2. JackR

JackR

Order Ticket Window - Miscellaneous

Use the Miscellaneous order fields to apply order attributes and set specific rules for OCA groups.

NOTE that OCA group names must be unique to ensure proper handling of OCA orders. Once you use a name, you cannot use it again even after the order executes or is canceled.

-------------------------

To create an OCA order

Display the OCA group field on an order management line:

On the Page menu, click Layout.

In the Columns - Order Row section on the right side of the page, check OCA Group and click OK.

On the TWS screen, create an order (click in the Ask Price to create a BUY order, or the Bid Price to create a Sell order).

Identify the order as part of an OCA group by entering a group name in the OCA Group field (you can use any descriptive name that you want).

Continue to create orders, and identify each as part of the group by entering the same name in the OCA Group field for each order you create.

After you have created all orders for a group, transmit the OCA order by clicking Transmit Page on the Order menu.

NOTE: Because the OCA procedure is an automated process, cannot guarantee that requested cancellations and modifications will reach the specific exchange before an order has been executed.

For a more detailed description of OCA orders and the products and exchanges on which they're available, visit the Order Types information page.

3. gwac

gwac

That the problem it is not there as one of the fields to choose.
    I have checked a dozen times.

4. Steve_IB

Steve_IB Interactive Brokers

You probably have advanced order types switched off. Check the Feature Selector - in your tool bar or under the Configure menu

5. gwac

gwac

thanks that worked.

I got my cfa also, i am also writing the 3rd level of the
    cmt in may. Not too many cfa/cmt around.

6. Steve_IB

Steve_IB Interactive Brokers

CMT3 is one of the most interesting exams so it's not too much of a chore to study for. Good luck.