IB Help page -- they can't even write complete sentences.

Discussion in 'Interactive Brokers' started by rselitetrader, Apr 12, 2007.

1. I am trying to read the IB online help pages on Combo Orders. Below is the notes section in sentence fragments. Can anyone understand what they mean? Or what would the complete sentences be?

Quote from IB:

----------
    Note the following:

For vertical call spreads 5 index points apart (i.e. 1120 call vs 1125 call) the lower stuck leg with strike price between 25 index points below the at-the-money strike and 70 above the at-the-money.

For vertical call spreads 10 index points apart the lower stuck leg with strike price between 25 index points below the at-the-money strike and 65 above the at-the-money.

For vertical call spreads 15 index points apart the lower stuck leg with strike price between 25 index points below the at-the-money strike and 60 above the at-the-money.

For vertical call spreads 20 index points apart the lower stuck leg with strike price between 25 index points below the at-the-money strike and 55 above the at-the-money.

For vertical call spreads 25 index points apart the lower stuck leg with strike price between 25 index points below the at-the-money strike and 50 above the at-the-money.

And:

For vertical put spreads 5 index points apart (i.e. 1125 call vs 1120 call) the lower stuck leg with strike price between 75 index points below the at-the-money strike and 20 above the at-the-money.

For vertical put spreads 10 index points apart the lower stuck leg with strike price between 75 index points below the at-the-money strike and 15 above the at-the-money.

For vertical put spreads 15 index points apart the lower stuck leg with strike price between 75 index points below the at-the-money strike and 10 above the at-the-money.

For vertical put spreads 20 index points apart the lower stuck leg with strike price between 75 index points below the at-the-money strike and 5 above the at-the-money.

For vertical put spreads 25 index points apart the lower stuck leg with strike price between 75 index points below the at-the-money strike, at-the-money.

2. Well, if I was IB, with a thread title like that, I'd tell you to go fuck yourself.

I certainly wouldn't answer your question ... perhaps you should seek a full service broker?

3. Kiwi,

We almost always agree about everything, but this time, I think the o.p. has a valid point. I think your profanity-laced hostility is based on loyalty to IB, but in this case, that it is unfair to the o.p., it discourages serious discussion of IB issues, and that it is actually harmful to IB and its customers. Please chill.

4. You have read me wrong jim. I think the op is a fool if he thinks that the title will attract a response from IB. On the other hand they may have the nobility and tolerance of saints.

5. It's OK.

We all know Kiwi has issues.

In this case, they are unfortunately being reflected on IB, a company which (despite everything) continues to show extraordinary professionalism in their communications on this board.

JJ

6. Jimmy,

You don't have any issues ... you're simply one of the stupider wankers on this board.

Its funny how anti-IB threads always attract tossers like you and your little mate scotty ... LOL :p

7. lol. :D