IB - GTC Stop not trigger

Discussion in 'Interactive Brokers' started by thecalip, Oct 18, 2007.

1. Just letting you guys know that stop doesn't work, at least for me.

I have entered a GTC buy stop to add to my Euro futures position, the price was touch twice, the second time the price zoom through it, but the order was not execute.

I closed out my position since I don't trust it handling my order any more.

I am really disappointed on this. Thought I am going to give some business to IB, guess I will move to some where else.

2. cvds16

cvds16

was this in an after-hours market, if so you probably didn't activate the feature to use stops after-hours.

3. DAV

DAV ET Sponsor

4. I am really disappointed that you are one more example of a guy who didn't read the User's Manual BEFORE he used TWS. You simply go to ""configuration" in TWS, then down to "Order", then "order defaults". About 5 lines down is a check box that says "allow stop triggering outside of regulatr trading hours". Check the box if that is what you want.

By the way, there is alot of information about TWS in the Users Guide that I bet you don't know. Like the method your stops trigger, etc etc. We get these kind of posts from guys like you on a regular basis, guys ready to take IB to task, without even bothering to think their problem might have been their own responsibility.

If I were IB I'd cancel your account, but I suppose they'll let you continue to trade without knowing what you're doing, and then blame them when a problem arises.

OldTrader