IB Going to $4.80 round turn for emini's Dec 1

Discussion in 'Interactive Brokers' started by Cdntrader, Nov 29, 2001.

1. Haas

Haas

I have not seen this price change reflected on the IB website yet, so I sent a chat message to IB help desk and asked if they had lowered their futures commisions. The person I got hold of had not heard anything about this. Maybe the price change is imminent, but it seems strange that it is not reflected on the site yet.

#11     Dec 3, 2001
  2. def

def Sponsor

it is on the site now

#12     Dec 3, 2001
  3. dottom

dottom

I just got my daily statement and commissions were $4.80 r/t for emini. Very nice, IB.

#13     Dec 3, 2001
  4. Yes. AA really nice surprise. thank you IB.

#14     Dec 3, 2001
  5. Bob777

Bob777

What is the margin for the S&P and Nasdaq emini's with IB? I'm looking at their demo and it's not using the current margins set by the exchange.

Bob

#15     Dec 4, 2001
  6. def,

Would you know wether IB stores limit, stop limit, or stop orders on the Globex servers or at IB until your price is struck during RTH? TIA

#16     Dec 4, 2001
  7. def

def Sponsor

bob - the margins are the exchange minimums. you can find the latest on the cme web site.

foolio, there are pro's/con's to having the stops on the globex servers. other than your comments the feedback on ib's stop fills have been quite good. right now I believe the stops are stored on the IB servers but i need to confirm this. i recall from a converstaion many months ago that there were issues on how globex handled or reported some orders that did not satisfy IB's requirements. i have not followed up on this and will do so when I get the opportunity.

#17     Dec 4, 2001
  8. Thanks def. I don't know what to say but i talked with the GCC at the cme and they confirmed that if your broker holds your orders outside their server until your price is hit then you are at the back of the line of orders. I don't know why I'm the only one with the problem but all i can say is that i had trouble with limit and stop orders that were entered a long time before the market ever reached my price.

What are the cons of not having it on the server? Is the reporting a problem for IB or the trader?

#18     Dec 4, 2001
  9. I found this on an old thread:

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    def

08-30-01 10:59 PM

dozu,
    If life were only that simple. ...

I understand that there are difficiencies in the Globex software version that allows stops to reside on their system. Until they are resolved IB will maintain stops on their server (i believe there is a dialog between globex and IB on this). The tradeoff i think is one regarding reliabilty and reliability wins.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Any update there def?

#19     Dec 4, 2001
  10. Pssst

Pssst

Why IB keep stop order on their server and not at CME?

It sound very weird to me. And I only see bad sides to this. It's sure that your ALWAYS at the end on the file queue.

But if IB have a good reason too this. I'm really curious about that? anyone can answer that?

#20     Dec 4, 2001