IB Glitch this AM

Discussion in 'Interactive Brokers' started by skerbitz, May 22, 2002.

1. skerbitz

skerbitz

6:25 AM ET

IB customers : double check your positions vs. last night's statements. I fired up my computer pre-market and ALL of my positions are wrong. I called IB and alerted them and they are working on it. They say the problem is not just mine but others as well. It shows wrong on both standalone and the web-based TWS as far as I can see.

2. skerbitz

skerbitz

7:30 AM ET

Problem fixed on my computer now ... :cool:

3. the swiss office was kind enough to email me my statement

and my small overnight positions look correct

but I cannot trade anything presently

hopefully all will be good for the opening bell :)

4. ktm

ktm

I've had some GTC orders disappear overnight. I know they were GTC and I do not see a fill anywhere. This has been happening with some regularity lately...not a big problem. I have also noticed that some premarket quotes for certain stocks are far outside the NBBO, which distorts my balances etc... Again not a big deal. My positions look correct this AM although I haven't gone through them in great detail.

5. When ISN'T there a glitch at IB? The whole place seems rather accident-prone lately...maybe they hired someone who used to work at quote.com and threw a wrench into the works...

6. ktm

ktm

It happened again last night. That's the third time IB has deleted my GTC order from TWS overnight. They are definitely trying to tell me something. I have 3 orders out there...2 stay put and the third disappears.

7. mbg

mbg

Down again

8. Was the order an option?

I had that happen one time for a GTC option order routed to the CBOE.

9. ktm

ktm

Yes. They have all been option orders. Now that I look, it is routed to the CBOE since I've re-entered it today. We'll see where it goes tonight. My other two are routed AMEX and PSE. I always route BEST and let IB decide. You may be on to something here.

10. mbg

mbg

when IB came back up, I tried a test order - Buy 100 shares of MSFT at 50 - just wanted to make sure the routing systems were working. It worked great - it filled me short 100 shares at the market! Gotta love it!

#10     May 23, 2002