IB Gateway + SPY++

Discussion in 'App Development' started by Xraptor, Jan 8, 2017.

1. Xraptor

Xraptor

Guys, who know how can run IB Gateway using SPY++ (C#) typing a Login and a Password?

I ran "IB Gateway", I can see the windows: "IB Gateway" , but at the SPY++ I can't see elements, no buttons, no inputs, nothing!

Code:
    Windows IB Gateway IntPtr = 14090A

Children handles are:
    ================
    currChild == IntPtr.Zero
    ================

ID button = 0

How right run "IB Gateway" using SPY++ or may be is other approach?

Last edited: Jan 8, 2017
  2. Are you attempting to reverse-engineer IB Gateway? Why? There may be a much simple solution for what you are trying to do, but it's not clear to me what the end goal is here.

Last edited: Jan 8, 2017
  3. Xraptor

Xraptor

No I try make kind of "Autostart IB Gateway", that would application can run the IB Gateway and enter "User Name" and "Password" and click on the button "Login"

4. There are already free apps for this, such as IB Controller:
    https://github.com/ib-controller/ib-controller

5. southall

southall

TWS and Gateway are written in java, the UI is java swing, which is drawing the buttons and inputs.

Last edited: Jan 9, 2017
  6. Xraptor

Xraptor

I saw it but me need on the C#

Southall, how use it on c#. SPY++ doesn't understand the UI? :(

Last edited: Jan 9, 2017
  7. IB Controller runs as a binary. How does it matter if it's written in Java or C#?

8. southall

southall

Java is already on your machine to run the Gateway so you should have no problems starting IBController.

9. Xraptor

Xraptor

One question: How make the autostart IB Gateway using C# (with or without SPY++)?

10. We are going in circles now. IB Controller is open source. If you want your own C# version of IB Controller, feel free to code it yourself.

#10     Jan 9, 2017