IB Gateway 15 and 16n unexpected shutdown during night

Discussion in 'Interactive Brokers' started by Daniel.a, Aug 9, 2022.

1. Daniel.a

Daniel.a

IB Gateway did shutdown during the night, seems it could not login again,
    happened on two server one running 15 and other one running latest 16n

Any other users that had issues ?

2. Q.E.D.

Q.E.D.

3. Q.E.D.

Q.E.D.

8:08 am: IB just started working. Still amazes me that IB almost NEVER indicates on their "Status" page that there are problems. Considering all the nonsense e-mails they send, they could also send a message letting me know there is a problem.

Maverick2608 likes this.
  4. Do not understand the hype on this broker. It is a RETAIL broker. You get much better brokers out there when you do not need to put all 'eggs' in one basket. We all know what happened with Refco when they got too big.

5. I'm using Gateway version 981.3g and have it running continuously since last Sunday without any problem.

pstrusi likes this.
  6. Q.E.D.

Q.E.D.

I knew people at Refco, & the problems there. I've been trading with IB for 20 years. IB has one of the best tech systems; rarely down; one of the best execution systems, & unless doing institutional-type volume, also has one of the lowest commissions. Besides, IB balance sheet is far better than all but the largest Wall Street firms.

7. DaveV

DaveV

Can you give concrete examples of how these other brokers are better than IB.

8. Sorry, but I am not doing a due diligence here. But it is all you can imagine of. Trading platforms (stability and execution quality and speed too), trading cost, leverage, customer service, etc...Please compare yourself.

9. Daniel.a

Daniel.a

This thread is not meant to argue if IB is better than broker X, its meant to perhaps discuss if other had the same issue or are having similar issues.

pstrusi likes this.
  10. ET180

ET180

IB has the best API for retail traders. It's not the best designed API out of all public APIs, but it allows you to pull live market and historical data and place complex trades using a variety of market orders. Basically, I have no alternative. Also, it doesn't make sense to have multiple brokerage accounts if you short stock or options. You just end up giving up buying power.

#10     Aug 9, 2022
    M.W. likes this.