IB Futures stop did not work

Discussion in 'Interactive Brokers' started by stevene9, Aug 30, 2001.

1. I had a stop on the NQ futures and it was not activated, even though the contract traded many times at the appropriate levels. After I noticed this and manually sold out many points lower, I called IB and after some investigation they said that the stop was in their system but not receiving any quote data. They said that this will occasionally happen. Besides the fact that it cost me extra money, this scares the shit out of me. I know IB has had problems with Naz stops, but not with Globex stops. Now I am scared to set a stop and walk away. Has anyone else had this problem?

2. tymjr

tymjr

Uh-huh. Won't use 'em!

3. ron2368

ron2368

I have an unfunded acct I opened last month at IB. From reading the few posts about IB stops, I do not feel confident in their stop execution and have no urge to trade there. If you cant rely on your broker to execute your stop orders the way they say it will be executed, then its really mostly a useless service. I figure that this rarely happens but I dont want to be that special person.

4. dozu888

dozu888

I thought the NQ stops are stored at Globex.

No ?????????????:confused:

5. dozu888,

Not according to my talk with IB today. I was told they are held in the IB computer and sent to GLobex for execution when the price stop is hit.